Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had no idea that my car had an OLM for the tranny fluid, so I changed it about 500 miles ago. Now the car displays a "CHANGE TRANS FLUID" message all the time and I can't figure out how to get it to go away. So, does anyone know how to get the message to go away?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
I am not familiar with the '94 but, can you display it with the info button (if you have one)? If so, display it then push reset. If not, do a search. I recall that question being asked recently. Not sure if it was here or caddyinfo but it is something like pressing auto and reset or some weird combo like that.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it does have an info button, and I reset everything that the info button displays last saturday, because I changed my oil, and it still pops up. I was abe to reset the engine oil life indicator with the info button but not the tranny oil life indicator (it doesn't display that with the info button).

I'll try auto and reset later to see if it works.

Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: OMG I just got the brilliant idea to run a search for "change trans fluid message" and instantly found the procedure. LOL

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I got the message to go away, YAY. The way to do it is, when the "CHANGE TRANS FLUID" message is on the dash, press and hold the "OFF" and rear defrost button for about 5 seconds. The DIC will then display a message saying that it was reset, and there ya go. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts