Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
1999 ESC
99' Eldo
39 Posts
Hello, I was looking to change the entire suspension of my Cadillac Seville STS 2003 and I was looking at Rockauto because I am from Spain and I don't know very well which one I need, they have nowhere to ask to tell me which one would be worth 100% If someone could help me find it, I'd appreciate it. The suspension is hydraulic and electronic and I also need a new 60mm radiator.

Regards and thanks.
Check out - - they are the ONLY company I could find who makes QUICK STRUTS for Cadillac's - they manufacture their own shocks in North Carolina and offer excellent tech support. I installed my front struts myself - on my 99 Eldorado - very easy

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
I would not recommend Strutmasters parts for the OP's 2003 F55 export STS in Spain.

·
2003 STS F55
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Under the spare tire cover there is a sticker with many codes. Those are RPO - Regular Production Option - codes; what's built into THAT car. Google "2003 cadillac seville rpo codes" for links to code definitions.

Some Export Sevilles had heavy duty cooling installed -

If one of your RPO codes is V03 then the car has heavy duty cooling and you need the radiator with engine oil cooler in the passenger side end tank. If there is no V03 code then you want a radiator with the transmission fluid cooler in the driver's side end tank only.

You can use a radiator with both coolers, you just don't hook up the engine oil cooler - no fear of coolant leaks - the unused engine oil cooler ports can remain open or with the plastic plugs installed.

Here is what your radiator area oil lines will look like if the car has the V03 heavy duty cooling. The second drawing is oil cooler fittings on the filter adapter if installed.

Under the spare tire cover there is a sticker with many codes. Those are RPO - Regular Production Option - codes; what's built into THAT car. Google "2003 cadillac seville rpo codes" for links to code definitions.

Some Export Sevilles had heavy duty cooling installed -

If one of your RPO codes is V03 then the car has heavy duty cooling and you need the radiator with engine oil cooler in the passenger side end tank. If there is no V03 code then you want a radiator with the transmission fluid cooler in the driver's side end tank only.

You can use a radiator with both coolers, you just don't hook up the engine oil cooler - no fear of coolant leaks - the unused engine oil cooler ports can remain open or with the plastic plugs installed.

Here is what your radiator area oil lines will look like if the car has the V03 heavy duty cooling. The second drawing is oil cooler fittings on the filter adapter if installed.

View attachment 579053 View attachment 579054
View attachment 579053 View attachment 579054
where you say that the radiator codes come in the trunk where the spare wheel has not seen anything. Can the code be seen in the radiator itself?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
No - the sticker under the spare tire cover lists two or three dozen codes - each of those is a system or part built into YOUR car.

If you do not have the sticker a complete GM/Cadillac code and build sheet can be downloaded with a USD $5 subscription to www.compnine.com. Enter your VIN and you get your build sheet.

Here is my RPO sticker ........

Options sticker.jpg

·
2003 STS F55
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The electrical connector for the MRC struts snaps into the side of the very bottom of the strut. The connector for the shocks is a pin that inserts into the top of the shock piston rod - in the trunk, under the carpet on the fenderwell hump.

Click your "more information....." link and zoom in on the bottom of the strut - you'll see the flat connector recess.

Would this be worth it and did I connect the electronic cable of the previous strut? It's the original you tell me.

·
Registered
1992 Seville, 2002 Eldorado ETC
80 Posts
I am amazed you have one of these in Spain. How did you come across it?

Love the idea of it, but like you said - can't be easy to find parts and service.

·
2003 STS F55
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I am amazed you have one of these in Spain. How did you come across it?

Love the idea of it, but like you said - can't be easy to find parts and service.
I bought it second hand, it is very nice, for the pieces in an official workshop if you find them because they are brought from us, but they are worth a lot of money, if I ask for them it comes out cheaper.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts