Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
SRX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not in the USA and dont have ready available access to a proper machine shop. I am having some issues finding 6 hole replacement rims where I am but 5 holes are a common thing.

Is there anything I should be concerned about in downgrading from 6 hole to 5 hole hub assemblies for the entire car or is it even possible?

·
Registered
SRX 07 V8
230 Posts
Where are you, that would not have OEM wheels? I really cannot picture how you want to do this, a 5 lug wheel on a 6 lug hub? I imagine you would have to swap all 6 lug hubs to 5 lug, provided you find them to x match your existing 6 lug, and that would be expensive.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac srx awd N*
25 Posts
I am not in the USA and dont have ready available access to a proper machine shop. I am having some issues finding 6 hole replacement rims where I am but 5 holes are a common thing.

Is there anything I should be concerned about in downgrading from 6 hole to 5 hole hub assemblies for the entire car or is it even possible?
It should not be hard to locate replacement wheels. And if you have some that are a different lug pattern, you can have the rims drilled to be a 6 lug match to the srx. It would be less headache than searching for a way to make the car a 5 lug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts