Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I’m creating this thread because I couldn’t find anything about this on the website. I figured it would be a common modification but no information. Any information is welcome.

I was wondering is anyone has changed their DRL in HID headlight housing?
The DRL bulb is 7443, and is located inwards on the lower part of headlight housing.
I figured to change them to something white.
The passenger side headlight housing seems easy, just take out the filter and the filter housing. For the driver side!! I think just taking out the fuse box cover won’t give me much clearance. I need to take the fuse box out. Has anybody done that? I don’t want to remove the bumper and everything. It’s way to complicated and I don’t have a garage. Can’t be taking out bumper on the street.
Any suggestions??

·
Registered
2014 SRX4 Prem
419 Posts
Hello everyone.
I’m creating this thread because I couldn’t find anything about this on the website. I figured it would be a common modification but no information. Any information is welcome.

I was wondering is anyone has changed their DRL in HID headlight housing?
The DRL bulb is 7443, and is located inwards on the lower part of headlight housing.
I figured to change them to something white.
The passenger side headlight housing seems easy, just take out the filter and the filter housing. For the driver side!! I think just taking out the fuse box cover won’t give me much clearance. I need to take the fuse box out. Has anybody done that? I don’t want to remove the bumper and everything. It’s way to complicated and I don’t have a garage. Can’t be taking out bumper on the street.
Any suggestions??
See

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See
Thanks
Thank you for a super quick reply with correct information. Have a lovely day 😊

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium
41 Posts
I took this on awhile back and love the "whiter" look now.
I was able to do it from under the hood by only loosening the fuse block and was able to get my small hands squeezed in to change the drivers side. Took some time and patience though.
I also changed the fog lights to LED and they match the DRL’ s color now.
The pic is the ones I used for the DRL and fog lights

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'21 XT5 Prem-Lux w/ Platinum
1,443 Posts
LOL I bought a set of the ZEVO 7443s to put in as DRLs in my 2014 Premium SRX, but never got around to installing before I ended up trading in!

Anyone in the Winnipeg area want them?

Max

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.