Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I must say, this one was kind of hairy. I'm cruising down a local highway and pass a new M3 who was in the right lane. He tucks in behind and moves to my right just as we pull up to a stop light. As luck would have it we were first in line and there was no traffic in front. I hear him revving as the cross street light turns yellow. On green I dump it and give it everything. By the time I've run through third he's 4-5 car lengths back and I'm leaving him quick...I stay in it, look down and notice I'm approaching 130mph and coming up on a pretty strong curve in the highway.

I braked a little down to 120 and by this time had shifted into 5th. I slapped the pedal to the floor and let the torque keep the rear end down as I entered the curve. The car didn't slide but it was on the edge. M3 boy decides to try and make a run again going up the hill. I left it in 5th and was still pulling away from him. All the while I couldn't believe was a glorious freaking sound was coming out the of Corsa... I love the V! Who's with me fellas?!

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
:highfive:

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
134 Posts
First of all, I have a question. Does Kadonny post to every thread on this Forum? Check it out, I think there is a Kadonny post on every single thread on the Forum. Couldn't pass up the chance to bust on you a little Kadonny. You must spend a lot of time on the CTS-V Forum...

Okay, on to my post. I was headed home from the St. Pete Grand Prix last Saturday between St. Pete and Tampa. As I was approaching the Gandy bridge that goes across the Tampa Bay, I noticed a Porsche 911 of some kind coming up hard through traffic. When he was getting to within striking range I jumped on it and just toyed with him a little. I pulled on him pretty well but wasn't sure he was really trying. This bridge across the bay is known to be a late night street racing scene because once you get on the bridge the shoulder isn't wide enough for a radar car to sit and nail you. They normally set up a radar car either in the weeds before the bridge or on the other end and catch people coming off the other end. The bridge is totally straight and smooth and probably 3 miles long.

So, as we get onto the bridge, I know we're on. I was in 3rd gear and both of us nail it. I was able to pull a couple of lengths on him in 3rd, by 4th gear I was pulling away, kept in it in 5th gear up to 140 and then just eased off as we were coming up on traffic in both lanes. On the other end of the bridge we came up to a light and he pulls up next to me and rolls his window down. The guy says to me "I knew those things were quick, but I had no idea they were that fast, that's a great car and the sound is amazing". I have to admit, the Zoomers sounds sweet at full song!!! The Porsche was a newer Carrera S.

One thing I noticed is at about 135, the sun roof started to get sucked up and had a very noticable air leak as the negative pressure was trying to lift the back edge up.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
Imperator said:
Whaaa?! A raggie in So-Cal?
I precede that "tradition". Didn't need that sort of thing "my" day.. It's what 'cha call real "old Army"

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
TampaV said:
First of all, I have a question. Does Kadonny post to every thread on this Forum? Check it out, I think there is a Kadonny post on every single thread on the Forum. Couldn't pass up the chance to bust on you a little Kadonny. You must spend a lot of time on the CTS-V Forum...

Yeah no kidding ! Look at his date of registration and then the number of posts he has..(cough) What a spamming Spamalot !!! (cough)

;)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Nice.....Love hearing kill stories.

Ohhh..I did get My butt handed to Me a week or so ago, I was out and came across the last gen Cobra, conv., not stock exh., could hear the blower whining.

So we're messin with each other, we turn onto a 4 lane.....he pulls beside Me, we're both in first, He hits it first, I nail it, hit 2nd, pull just a bit, but when I hit 3rd, he just flew around Me......almost like he hit spray....it was too much from Me being ahead in 2 gears then boom he just blows by Me. LOL

My first real spankin.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My only mods are Hotchkiss bars, Corsa, K&N Panel and Allen Nelson tune www.nelsonperformance.com.

I haven't dynoed it yet but it's probably 345 at the wheels or so.

·
Registered
72 Posts
TampaV must be Maggied. A new Carrera S!? Maybe a pre-2005 with "only" 320hp. The new Carrera S has 355hp and Car and Driver clocked 0-60 in 3.9!! They actually dynoed it....they thought it was some kinda ringer. But it checked out. Those things are so quick.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
134 Posts
Brad330cic said:
TampaV must be Maggied. A new Carrera S!? Maybe a pre-2005 with "only" 320hp. The new Carrera S has 355hp and Car and Driver clocked 0-60 in 3.9!! They actually dynoed it....they thought it was some kinda ringer. But it checked out. Those things are so quick.
Well, it must have been a pre-2005 because I'm nearly stock. All I have performance wise is the Zoomers exhaust. With all of the rear end worries, I'm reluctant to go forced induction. I need to be warranty friendly. My local dealer is dropping in an 06 diff on Tuesday next week. They've been very good about taking care of me. They even installed the Zoomers for just two hours labor. Even though it probably only took them an hour, I thought it was money well spent to build a relationship with the Service Manager. When I complained about the whining diff., no questions asked, they agreed and ordered the new 06 diff. the same day. Probably wouldn't get this same treatment if Maggied.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Most Porche's are great coming out of the hole. So would we if the motor was sitting on the rear axle. Much like an old Beetle. THey were rockets for the first 10'. Im sure it was the rolling torque that got him. Sometimes its a matter of the right gear at the right time. Having a six gun makes it more difficult.

·
Registered
Swapped CTS-V for Camaro ZL1
292 Posts
TampaV said:
Well, it must have been a pre-2005 because I'm nearly stock. All I have performance wise is the Zoomers exhaust. With all of the rear end worries, I'm reluctant to go forced induction. I need to be warranty friendly. My local dealer is dropping in an 06 diff on Tuesday next week. They've been very good about taking care of me. They even installed the Zoomers for just two hours labor. Even though it probably only took them an hour, I thought it was money well spent to build a relationship with the Service Manager. When I complained about the whining diff., no questions asked, they agreed and ordered the new 06 diff. the same day. Probably wouldn't get this same treatment if Maggied.

Next time you're there just ask him? My service manager is way cool with me. My Escalade was blown and they "took care" of a drivetrain problem that developed after the blower install. Just said be careful the next one would not be free! There's a blown 2005 Platinum V there right now in the shop with it's tranny removed. You sound like you're on the right track with them? Spend a couple bucks there and they should take care of your needs with the Maggie.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts