Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2003 Seville STS that comes with a Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned warranty that runs for a total of 6 years and 100,000 miles. The last owner bought the car from a Caddy dealer. That dealer 'put' the official GM Caddy PreOwned warranty on the car and now that warranty transfers to me.

Question: What exactly does this cover? Is this simply an extension of the original 4/50 warranty?

I mean, does it cover *everything* the original factory warranty covers? Squeaks? Rattles? Wind noise? Everything? I can't find information on this on GM's website.

TIA,
T

·
Registered
CERTIFIED CADDY TECH
71 Posts
Bumper to bumper as if you bought it new-----now the 6yr-100,000 warranty is from the original inservice date---in otherwords when the original purchaser took delivery---hope this helps,

SUPERCREW632

·
Registered
02 STS
1,262 Posts
Ranger said:
It is an extension of the 4/50 new car warranty.
Not exactly... the 4/50mile/80Kms includes free maintenance and free service cars if the repair lasts over night... The extended warranty does not.

Further the original warranty included brakes (at least one free brake job) the extended does not include brakes either... And if this GM Warranty is the same one offered by GMPP you might find that shocks (which on our cars are shockingly expensive) are excluded too...

I'd ask your dealer for a copy of the policy next time you're there...

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'll soon have a copy of the Certified Pre-Owned Warranty soon.

I called Cadillac Customer Service (800-333-4CAD) last night. The fella on the phone said that the Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned Warranty is just simply an extension of the original factory 4/50 warranty. That includes stuff like squeaks and rattles and wind noise and all the rest.

What a deal. Takes a lot of the risk out of buying a used Caddy. 6yr/100k means six years and 100,000 miles from the original in-service date (when the car was originally purchased new by the first owner). It was a simple matter to have my local Caddy dealer look that up and print it out for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts