Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium, Red
158 Posts
I myself, purchased a 2012 CPO in 2013. Initially I doubted the difference between a CPO and any other clean used car. What swayed me was the warranty. My factory warranty was extended to 7 years/70,000 miles with the standard 4 year maintenance included. Still not sure if there is any real difference in the overall quality of the vehicle but given the horror stories I read on this site, the warranty is well worth it. Also the price is a consideration. I purchased a 1 year old Performance SRX for $35200 with 15000 miles. A vehicle, I would imagine, cost closer to $49000 new.

·
Registered
2010 SRX 2.8T
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After having the SRX for 2 months now I returned to the dealership with a laundry list of problems.
They agreed to wave my deductible and took care of all the issues and provided me with a loner.
Top notch service!

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,654 Posts
What year, style and miles? Just picked up a 2013 Premium, still under B2B, had them certify the car as part o the deal. I think it cost them around $1.200-. They even put on a new set of tires because they could not certify the car with the existing tires.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
I bought a 2013 CTS-V a couple of months ago. It was advertised as CPO. When we were done negotiating the price, they said that it didn't include the CPO warranty. That would cost extra. Told them that was BS and if they wanted to sell me the car it would be included. The CPO will cover the car for another 44 months or another 38,000 miles. It is basically like buying a new car as far as warranty. I bought a 2 year old, CPO, BMW 540i, years ago. That car was at the dealership numerous times for warranty repair, which saved me quite a bit of money, but it was still a PITA to have to constantly bring it in. That is one of the main reasons I am now driving Cadillacs instead of BMW's

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
My 2010 had about 6K in work, all covered under CPO! When I traded it, it was still under CPO for 2 months, had over 90K on it. Timing chain was the last thing to go before the trade. It is NOT the same as the B2B, you loose the ability to get certain items covered like fading emblems, trim issues etc. CPO is one notch better than GM Extended Warrantee, however, with the GM Extended, you can get a longer term and higher millage with the choice of deductibles.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
My 2010 had about 6K in work, all covered under CPO! When I traded it, it was still under CPO for 2 months, had over 90K on it. Timing chain was the last thing to go before the trade. It is NOT the same as the B2B, you loose the ability to get certain items covered like fading emblems, trim issues etc. CPO is one notch better than GM Extended Warrantee, however, with the GM Extended, you can get a longer term and higher millage with the choice of deductibles.
GM changed the Cadillac CPO coverage at some point after you bought your 2010. It is now a true 2 year or 20,000 mile extension of the bumper to bumper warranty from original in service date, so it stops at 70,000 miles but should cover everything the original 4 year, 50,000 mile warranty covers.

http://m.cadillac.com/certified-pre-owned-vehicles/warranty.html

Edit: Just found it was May 6, 2013 this change was effective.

·
Registered
2010 SRX 2.8T
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What year, style and miles? Just picked up a 2013 Premium, still under B2B, had them certify the car as part o the deal. I think it cost them around $1.200-. They even put on a new set of tires because they could not certify the car with the existing tires.
I don't think it costs the dealer a nickel as the CPO warranty is bought from GM and they accept all the charges including parts and labor!

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
I don't think it costs the dealer a nickel as the CPO warranty is bought from GM and they accept all the charges including parts and labor!
When the dealer certifies it, they must inspect anything not up to par. Then they must buy the warranty from GM. Then they add all that cost and labor to the sales price to the consumer.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Cost dealer $1200- Negotiated it after final price on car. They have a sheet they have to fill out with a 172pt. inspection.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts