Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CTS Premium, 2009 3.6 DI AWD Performance Package, 2003 Seville STS
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guys. My getting ready to replace the brakes on the front of my 95 SLS because my rotors need to be cut. I've searched the site for some insite on ceramic pads but I haven't found much, just a two or three people recommending them.

Can I get some more views on these pads from some more people? Are they better then non-ceramic pads? Are they worth the extreme cost compared to non-ceramic pads? Do they have to be used together both in the back and front or if I use them can I just place them in the front until I replace my rears?

Thanks! :confused:

·
Registered
94 ETC,97 STS
3,531 Posts
I havn't used the ceramics but I've been using the Carbon Mettalic from Autozone and like them.
I havn't tried their Zrated yet but they are bargain priced for the quality. Check prices other places, they are double or more.

·
Registered
1993 STS and 2004 DTS
564 Posts
I have been using Raybestos Quiet Stop ceramic brake pads, for almost a year, on my 93' STS.

I drive a lot of freeway and mountain roads here in the California foothills.

I decided to try the Quiet Stop pads mainly to reduce the brake dust that would accumulate daily from my semi-metallic pads.

BIG difference!

The Quiet Stop pads are extremely low dusting, a very light gray, and stop great without a hint of fade. As a plus my chrome alloy wheels also stay looking nice between car bathings.

Definitely recommend them, they are worth the price both for braking purposes and keeping your wheels looking great.

PS
I have also put them on my 75 Surburbon that has some nice after market wheels on it. Again improved braking and almost all of the dusting is gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts