Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody found an aftermarket center console with a darn?? Factory is flimsy and rattles etc. The arm rest is further back than I like - I am vertically challenged so have seat further forward than most folks I suppose...
I also always have a big tumbler of some kind of beverage with me and the existing cup holders just aren't convienant and cup gets in the way. One solution might be a cup holder that hangs off the passenger side of the console??

Any ideas appreciated.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,975 Posts
Everybody on here that I know changed over to a regular CTS center console long ago.

Call Luke at Lindsay Cadillac (see ad at top on right side of your computer screen).

Installation is fairly easy, and it's far superior to the one GM put in our CTS-Vs.

·
13,975 Posts
The CTS console is MUCH better. It's capacity is about double and matches perfectly. I believe it's stronger, too. Guys were breaking their consoles by leaning on them too hard back in '05/'06.

It changed my life.

·
Registered
04 V
169 Posts
My only complaint is that the material feels more like vinyl. I may have someone re do it in leather or alcantara with white stitching.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
991 Posts
From what I can tell the V1 console is shorter to make it more comfortable to shift...could be true I don't know. The CTS console is taller and has more storage and better matches the height of the door panel armrest but is a direct swap for a V1 console. You should be able to find a nice one on ebay or if you arne't in a hurry, check out your local Pic-a-part where I bought one for $23. Mine has a grey interior so I bought the black carpet ($20) along with the black console and got rid of the dingy grey stuff...best thing I've done to my V.

I swapped mine out specifically for the storage (and the color) and I love it. I do however have a Hurst shifter and installed a 1" taller stalk to accommodate the higher armrest height.

·
Registered
237 Posts
AHHHHHHHHH....I get it now. I was thinking the entire middle section including the armrest, not just the arm rest....I have a modded shifter from Pissnuoff, will the extra height of the arm rest be too much?

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
991 Posts
I bought the whole console...

Most like the height fine but there have been a couple to go back to the V console...

·
13,975 Posts
AHHHHHHHHH....I get it now. I was thinking the entire middle section including the armrest, not just the arm rest....I have a modded shifter from Pissnuoff, will the extra height of the arm rest be too much?
That was my first question back in '07 when I did this. I was concerned that my elbow would hit it while gripping the shifter. Nope. Clears just fine.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
You have to have midget arms for that to be a problem.

I was so excited after the swap, I posted it here(it had already been done by a few others) on my trip to VIR in '07.

I got mine from Luke and I guess my enthusiasm was contagious as he's had hundreds order the replacement armrest from him. It's that good.

I don't know what the price is now but it was much closer to 1 bill than 2 bills at the time...

·
Registered
07 CTS-V
351 Posts
I just scored one on ebay. I couldn't stand it anymore.....been wanting to do this mod for a while but have been focused on bushings and shifter/clutch issues. Finishing up my Philistine master cylinder install this morning.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So you can get the entire console or just the arm rest - correct?
If you get the entire console does it have to be for a manual or does one from an automatic work? My entire console is pretty beat up and would like to swap out the entire thing...
Thanks again for all the great info!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts