Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Had 1995 Eldorado, Had 2001 DHS, Had 2005 STS, Had 2013 ATS, Have 2016 CTS Premium
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with the storage door at the rear of the center console. This is the one that is between the two front seats that faces the rear passenger. It has a small compartment in it and a power plug. My door keeps popping open for no apparent reason and sometimes it takes a few tries to get it to lock closed.

Curios if anyone has the same problem??
Thanks

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,514 Posts
Yes I do. It does not close. And when I get it to close it just pops open again. You are not the only one. It's cheap and doesn't line up right. I gave up on it for now. In the spring I'm gonna look at it. But for awhile it wouldn't close at all. I don't see it so it doesn't bother me that much. But now you posted this it's back on my brain.:rant2:
Hello everyone

Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with the storage door at the rear of the center console. This is the one that is between the two front seats that faces the rear passenger. It has a small compartment in it and a power plug. My door keeps popping open for no apparent reason and sometimes it takes a few tries to get it to lock closed.

Curios if anyone has the same problem??
Thanks

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 RWD Premium
55 Posts
Yes, I have the same exact problem. It hasn't bothered me much but I will mention it at the next oil change.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,514 Posts
Whats funny is I push it back in and before I get out of the driveway it's open again. But I never think to say anything because I don't see it.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Lux, 2017 MB C300 Coupe
1,000 Posts
Me, too. As it is my wife's drive and I don't see the back that often, I also have not paid attention to it...

·
Registered
ATS Metallic Silver, 2.0L Turbo, Performance, Morello Red
286 Posts
"The little thing that won't."

This was my first request for a warranty fix. Been nearly two years and it seems to have quietly taken care of itself. Can only guess the shop did a spring adjustment, but it kept popping open. I probably had to close it a dozen times in almost two years. Over the last three months, it has stayed shut. Don't know if it's luck or what?

As soon as I find someone "capable" of fixing this.......I'll let ya know.

·
Registered
ATS_V _vector Blue Sedan
329 Posts
my keeps opening up, and then my daughter kicks it off the track or guides and its a pain to realign. so it just sits there open. :rant2:

·
Registered
ats
427 Posts
I asked my dealer to fix it they fixed it but it keeps coming out I thought my daughter plays with it but now that I see other people are having this problem

·
Registered
Had 1995 Eldorado, Had 2001 DHS, Had 2005 STS, Had 2013 ATS, Have 2016 CTS Premium
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your replies, I was thinking I was losing it. I didn't notice it either, my wife would ask me why it's open. I will bring it up at my next oil change as well, hopefully they can do something about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts