Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
ESV
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Newbie here to the forum, im having an issue with my center console pealing! I looked at the seat thread and I dont thinl that's going to solve the issue! The console seems to have some type of rubber or leather feel to it, and as it peels it feels more like plastic! Any suggestions? or does anyone know how that was applied? was it sprayed on or is it some type of wrap? Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found a company out of california that makes the factory oem rims that come 22's on the newer Lades in 24"s!! And only $2100.00 with tires!!!!! I will be putting them on my ESV this spring! will upload pics...

·
Registered
2007 esKONali
1,099 Posts
I just peeled all that rubber off my center console, looks the same...

I'd like to see the new 22's in a 24'. I wouldn't mine switching mine for them...

·
Registered
2013 SRX Luxury/AWD
131 Posts
I just peeled all that rubber off my center console, looks the same...

I'd like to see the new 22's in a 24'. I wouldn't mine switching mine for them...

I don't understand how it "looks the same" in your Escalade. I bought my 2004 a month ago and have the same issue. Where it is peelrd and worn it is black underneath the "beige" topcoat.

The only solution I found was a shop that will refinish the dash.

As a sidenote, your truck looks great! Did you change your front grille?

·
Registered
2007 esKONali
1,099 Posts
I meant "it looks the same" as the color underneath of the rubber compared to the color of the rubber coating...

Here's a pic of mine that was peeling...

And here's a pic of the lower portion I've already peeled off. There's no real difference in the color from every other panel once I peeled all the rubber away...

To me, it's stupid they put the rubber on there in the first place. Other people on this forum (and other forums) have just peeled it all off. I know of atleast one person who just took his pieces out of his truck and pressure washed the rubber off...

·
Registered
2001 STS, 79 Eldo, 93 Sedan Deville, 2005 Escalade
95 Posts
Yes, I was disappointed by this peeling on my console above the rear heat controls and on the sides by the seatbelt locks. I have the grey interior so when I scraped it all off it still matched underneath and is not noticeable but if you have the beige then I don't think it will work because they are all likely grey underneath which is probably why they use the spray on stuff. I recall reading about people complaining to cadillac customer service and working out deals with service depts. Also seems like something was mentioned about buying spraybombs of the same type of coating and spraying it yourself.

·
Registered
99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT
1,363 Posts
What ever you do, dont try and paint it unless you are using waterborne/water based paint. The factory paint will react with any solvent based paint (SEM). GM painted most interior pieces with water based paint on top of the plastic so be careful.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Finish enhancers such as armor all will cause this to happen.
Avoid it at all costs.

Once it starts you can peel it off on some, others may wish to take it to a body shop or find someone who can repaint factory panels.
I have seen a lot of guys paint this stuff with good results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts