Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
2,291 Posts
Johnson Controls no longer makes batteries...sold the business over a year ago...to Clarios...

Bill

·
Registered
2013 AWD Wagon
15 Posts
iDrive a 2013 CTS Luxury 3.0 purch 2016 50K.

The center stack (HVAC) dies every couple months or so, has happened at least ten times in past two years.

Sometimes disconnecting the battery for an hour corrects the problem

Always disconnecting the harness plug from the back of the center stack corrects the problem. The plug is tight as hell in the socket. No way that thing is loose, and when I wiggle/pull/twist on it with HVAC working/car running it NEVER FAILS. Until a few weeks/months later when I start the car and notice no HVAC for no apparent reason.

Never will the problem fix itself.

Is there an easier wa to “reset the circuit”? Fuse pull perhaps (which fuse)?

I’ve become expert at dsassembling/pulling center bezel to reset plug.

No way would I ever call a dealer for help.

CTS Center Access

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
3,035 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? And if you do have you done the process to open up the drains? If not I suggest doing so. You may have a damaged center stack and require a new , used one.

Note, your car may not have the drain issue as my wagons rear lines did NOT have an issue. I have not checked the fronts but the rears definitely don't have the restrictions.

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
2,291 Posts
is there something similar to a dielectric grease you can use before reconnecting the harness (hopefully more knowledgable than me with electrical will chime in here) perhaps a static charge or something is scrambling the brains of your car...

how is the car's battery???...strong and fully charged???...these cars can act wonky if the battery is not strong...make sure yours has been load tested as well, fully charged isn't the whole story

Good luck with your ride

Bill

61 - 65 of 65 Posts