Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum and first time posting thread. My wife and I own a 2008 CTS DI.
Problem we are having is that the center console lighting i.e. climate control indicators, Passenger Airbag On indicatior, will intermittently go dim. This happens at start up or after driving for awhile. We also have a problem with the nav/sound ssytem controls in the steering wheel in that they will not work the sound system intermittently like the lighting. Today we experienced the screen going blank lost with the radio on, lost the Cadillac logo, could not turn the radio off with the dash button, nor control the volume with the button either. However after approximatley 30 minutes of driving the system went back to working as normal.
We have had inthe delearship a couple of times now with no fix, and reason being cannot duplicate. Service manager has gone through all bulletins with no luck and say that I have a "gremlin" somewhere in the car that they cannot locate.
Has anyone experienced this and/or have suggested fix or fixes.
I am looking at purchasing an 09 "V" series right now but am hesitant and concerned of this like problem happening in the car...

·
Registered
2008 CTS DI RWD
42 Posts
A similar thing happened with mine. I don't have the nav, but I have the Bose system with HDD. At first it would just blink off for a few seconds and then come back on, but eventually it went off and wouldn't come back on for a longer period of time. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the entire radio system, and since then I've had zero problems. Maybe they just need to replace yours as well.

·
Registered
2009 CTS
41 Posts
I've had the same problem for about 10 months now, fought for awhile with the "could not duplicate" BS, and even had them tell me they were too busy if I brought it in while it was malfunctioning. Took it to another dealer (out of town), they were great, diagnosed it within 40 min, said it was a controller of some kind under the dash. I didn't have time to wait on the part so I went back to the local dealer with the info a month ago, still waiting on a response from them, they told me they were ordering a radio per a service bulletin but I didn't get the number. If I ever get this resolved I'll let you know what the fix was. Mine is a bose with the HDD, no nav, 2008 CTS manufactured 10/07.

·
Registered
Cadillac
36 Posts
Not sure if it is the same or not, but everything in the center stack (no nav) went out on our 08 last year (and stayed out). They replaced the radio and no problems since. I seems strange that lights, heat and a/c, etc would go out with the radio but they said it controls everything.

·
Registered
08 Cadillac CTS
40 Posts
Been having that same intermittent radio problem on our 2008 CTS for a while now. Has Nav and Bose, etc. full package.

Problem has been getting my wife out of the car long enough for me to get to the dealer. But she has to go out of town for a convention this weekend, so I am taking it to the dealership for repair.

That's pretty much the only problem we have had. And after pushing the buttons on the steering wheel a couple of times, it seems to "heal up" for a while.

Will see how the dealership handles it.

Rick

·
Registered
CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the replies. I will bring this info to the dealership and see what they say. If they refuse I will probably be going throught the Lemon Law process.

I will let you know what the outcome is....

·
Registered
'14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, 2017 XT5 AWD
1,415 Posts
Thanks everyone for the replies. I will bring this info to the dealership and see what they say. If they refuse I will probably be going throught the Lemon Law process.

I will let you know what the outcome is....
The lemon law does not apply to the radio. I find it hard to believe a Caddy service shop will not fix a legitimate problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts