Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All-

I've had my 2007 Escalade for 4 months and this is the second time my centerpiece cap on my rims has fallen off. Has anyone had problems with these centerpieces falling off? And if so, how did you fix this annoying ass problem?

Thank you,

John B.

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
Check to see if the clip inside broke off? Bring it to a caddy dealer. I'm sure they'll replace it for free, since the truck is so new.

·
Registered
EXT
42 Posts
One of mine fell off and the Caddy Dealer put tape on the inside of the cap to keep them from falling off again. I was extremely disappointed by that. But at least it doesn't fall off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine did the same thing. It looks like the center cap goes on any direction, but if you look inside the center cap there is an image of the valve stem and that needs to be in the same position as the valve stem on the wheel.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
18's or 22's? Make sure the metal ring is between the "finger" that hold it on the inside of the caps, very carefully bend out the fingers that hold the cap to the wheel. I have done this for several customers that had this problem, if any of the holding fingers are broke, then replace or it will fall off again.

·
Registered
CTS 3.6DI/SRX4 2.8T
10 Posts
I lost one yesterday (22" OEM wheels) and immediately drove to my Caddy dealer where they replaced it with no hassles. I watched the guy put it on and he gave no regard to pisitioning it relative to the valve stem. Do I need to remove it and reinstall it myself?

T

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
I lost one yesterday (22" OEM wheels) and immediately drove to my Caddy dealer where they replaced it with no hassles. I watched the guy put it on and he gave no regard to pisitioning it relative to the valve stem. Do I need to remove it and reinstall it myself?

T

1. Good for the dealer. All Cadillac dealers should be like that. Forunately, mine is.

2. For those habitually losing them, try a little RTV silicone on the inside - it is flexible, clear, and allows you to take off the caps as needed.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2016 CTS-V
229 Posts
Does anyone know what the part number is for these center caps? I just got home with our new '08 ESV and noticed that one of the caps is loose.

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Does anyone know what the part number is for these center caps? I just got home with our new '08 ESV and noticed that one of the caps is loose.

Thanks,

Michael
Make sure the cap was installed correctly, there is a pix of the valve stem on the inside of the cap, make sure it lines up with the valve stem, it makes a difference

·
Registered
Cadillac
80 Posts
I had one cap rattling on my 22' and I just reposition it and it went away. I think we will always have problems with the caps

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2016 CTS-V
229 Posts
My dealer is in the process of sending me a new cap, but I found out why at least my one cap is loose. Earlier today, I took off all the caps and checked the torque on the lug nuts. To my surprise, the first cap I took off had something that the one that is loose doesn't, a wire ring intertwined withe the plastic fingers that hold the cap in place. Even more surprising, when I took off my right front cap, there were 2 wire rings. So, I took one of those and put it on my loose cap, and now it is no longer loose. Go figure????

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Make sure the caps are installed correctly, they are not always correctly installed from the dealership, there is a valve stem logo on the center cap, line that up with the valve stem on your wheels, this will keep them in place, and make sure the wire ring on the center cap is between the fingers that holds it in place.

·
Registered
08 Escalade
7 Posts
did you ever think that someone could be swiping them off your vehicle? i know they fall off quite easy, but its just a thought. I have had no problems with the escalade caps, but then again it only has 150 miles on it haha. I have a dodge ram 2500 with custom 20" wheels on it. I lost 2 center caps within a month, and i caught a guy in the act of trying to swipe a third. I purchased a box of 10 center caps from the wheel company (weld evo) because i thought they were just poorly made and kept falling off. I flipped on the guy and he appologized for taking the "caps" so im assuming he took the other ones too.

also, are you guys referring to the 22" wheels or the 18" wheels?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts