Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CTS Luxury, 1998 Eldorado ETC Crimson Pearl
552 Posts
I have this one which works nicely.
It came with 2 different size mounts to clamp to the vertical vent which weren't described on the website and was pleasantly surprised. It opens to 3.5" wide and holds my Galaxy phone with the protective case nicely.
I used the larger clip and have it attached to the bottom of the drivers side vent which keeps it steady.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe Premium
162 Posts
Vent mounts make me nervous. A vent came off track in my SRX and I was never able to fix it, so I don't bother with them in the coupe. I bought a CD slot mount, but I can't recommend it because the placement is so awkward with the shifter and the volume knob in the same general area. For now, my phone just sits in a free cup holder or the passenger seat.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,301 Posts
I forget the brand of mine, but it's designed to be a CD mount. It is designed to be thin enough on the CD mount part, that it can be stuffed in panel gaps on the dash. So mine is on the console where the passenger climate controls are. Works fine for me.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
1,973 Posts
I use mag mounts since are more reliable and peel the phone off without straining the vent. I also have a NavTool so really do not need to see the phone. Problem is there is really no good place to put a phone (or my glasses for that matter.

Have the Mpow mount for the large positive clamp but modified for magnetic.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe Premium
162 Posts
I forget the brand of mine, but it's designed to be a CD mount. It is designed to be thin enough on the CD mount part, that it can be stuffed in panel gaps on the dash. So mine is on the console where the passenger climate controls are. Works fine for me.
Excellent tip! I'll check that out this evening. While I use CarPlay, occasionally I need to use the phone--primarily to change the audio source when receiving calls--so a stationary position would help.

·
Registered
2013 CTS Sportwagon 3.6
11 Posts

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
7,697 Posts
I bought this one too, from ^'s recommendation. It works okay...the ball swivel doesn't lock into place though which is a little annoying, but it is okay when attached to the passenger vertical vent as it naturally falls in the direction of the driver.
That's strange-- mine locks in.
It'd be a PITA if it didn't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts