Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours
1,227 Posts
I'm boycotting Earth Day until there is an internationally reconized day for each of the planets in our solar system...including Pluto.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
I celebrate "Smirk Day" by saluting the West Virginia coal miner, the Texas roughneck, and the inventors of our automobile industry.

And to channel that hairy-armpitted-looking he/she in the video.... "Bring me a chainsaw..."

I've got to post that on my facebook....

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Tellico off-road park here in the Southeast is under attack by these folks too. They are claiming that people driving their 4x4 vehicles on designated trails thru this otherwise large area of natural forest, is causing destruction to the Earth, apparently some of the stream crossings upset the fishes miles down the way. There are/were videos posted of people protesting up hugging trees and crying out saying they will try all they can to save their (the trees) family.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Classic. This video never fails to bring a smile to my face.

I celebrated earth day by putting 275 miles on a vehicle that gets *maybe* 14 miles to the gallon. God bless the Chevrolet Astro.

·
Registered
None yet!
1,025 Posts
I gave everyone a plastic bag at work today :)

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
Around here they did a thing about 3 weeks ago where they wanted everyone to turn their lights off for an hour to "make a stand for mother earth." I simply turned more on.

·
Registered
'06 CTS
81 Posts
Around here they did a thing about 3 weeks ago where they wanted everyone to turn their lights off for an hour to "make a stand for mother earth." I simply turned more on.
Yeah, a couple TV stations were covering it. We were eco-friendly and stayed tuned to the hour-long coverage, just like the anchor guy told us to.

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
We turned the lights off at work, pretty stupid if you ask me. At home I turned up my heat, ran the dryer, oven, tv, turned on all the lights, and cranked the stereo playing Carcass, Lamb of God, and Cradle of Filth for an hour.

To celebrate earth day today, I drove by Al gore's house at 11:30pm after I got off work and did a burnout in front of it:D Its that old mansion in Belle Meade that made the news for using twice as much electricity in a month as the average house uses in a year.

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
Fuggin hippies

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac DeVille
279 Posts
pshh earth day who needs it, i ran around all day in a chevy 350 and running a fleet of 2 stroke weed eaters, chain saws and tree trimmers at one of my grand parents rentals, the day I modify my life for hippies is the day that they start getting milk from pigs...

and dont even get me started on prius owners :bighead: :bonkers:

·
Registered
Hyundai Elantra
18,816 Posts
I went to work and unwrapped handbags which are wrapped in like 5 lbs. of paper each... Coach does not recycle :D

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
I just opened up a 5# tank of R-12 that I smuggled over from Mexico.
I have released so much of that stuff into the air its not even funny. I released all the remaining charge out of my Fleetwood about a year ago and from several other friend's cars while working on them.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I'm boycotting Earth Day until there is an internationally reconized day for each of the planets in our solar system...including Pluto.
:histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric:

Didn't Pluto get demoted? I can't remember what it's considered now. A planetette?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,504 Posts
Actually it never occurred to me - Earth Day - but I guess we celebrated it by finishing the split-and-stack of an 18"x40' red oak we felled last December and then began power washing the concrete patio. Oh, I shot 2 grackles that were bugging the goldfinches on the thistle feeder.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts