Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CD stuck in player

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  CatDaddy2013 
I had this happen too and unfortunately it's not an easily fixed item (at least in my case).

A couple years ago I had a CD stick and not eject. Since I like to work on old stereos and whatnot I decided to take the disc player apart and find out why the CD not eject. It was just a few screws to take the covers off once the unit is plugged from the car. Turns out there is a plastic screw mechanism in the disc loading assembly that stripped out and was pushing itself away from the gear it needed to drive for ejection. It was made of very thin and brittle plastic. I had to hold the stripped parts together with the drive plugged into the car in order to get the CD physically out of the player.

Unless someone can come up with a 3D printer model of this part and remake it, there isn't much to fix it. The whole disc drive needs to be replaced. You can buy a new disc player on any of the GM parts websites. Prices range from $200-$280.
So if I unscrew the cover off of the cd player, would I have a problem with the CUE tower working properly?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.