Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, folks! Does anyone know how to play CDs in a 2022 CT4? I have a portable CD player but don't know how to play music through the vehicle's audio system. Is this even possible? By the way, I have no auxiliary port in the vehicle. Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,354 Posts
Man! No auxiliary port? I hate when they get rid of good features! lol Then your best bet would be to rip your cd into mp3's and then put the songs on a USB drive and then just plug it in. I'm sure your car has an open USB port!

Max

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man! No auxiliary port? I hate when they get rid of good features! lol Then your best bet would be to rip your cd into mp3's and then put the songs on a USB drive and then just plug it in. I'm sure your car has an open USB port!

Max
Thanks very much, Max! I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,876 Posts
I converted from playing CDs in a CTS with a 6 disc changer to USB in a ATS, when ATS
only had a opt CD in the glove box for 1 CD.

If you use your PC to rip/copy CDs to USB, you will later be a lot happier playing your CD songs.
You can pick and choose the songs you rip. Of course whole CDs are faster.
USBs hold lots of songs and CUE lets you browse and select what you want to play or use voice
commands to play XYZ song.

Test out a few songs first, to make sure you are using a supported format.

·
Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
593 Posts
I don't think those portable bluetooth players work with CUE. They're more for bluetooth headphones.

As others have mentioned, you're better off either using a smartphone that has your music on it and play that through bluetooth or rip your CD's on a computer into mp3, AAC, or ALAC format and put those on a USB flash drive or SSD. I use ALAC (Apple Lossless) format since that is CD quality but higher rate mp3's such as 192kbps or 256kbps AAC will sound great in the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think those portable bluetooth players work with CUE. They're more for bluetooth headphones.

As others have mentioned, you're better off either using a smartphone that has your music on it and play that through bluetooth or rip your CD's on a computer into mp3, AAC, or ALAC format and put those on a USB flash drive or SSD. I use ALAC (Apple Lossless) format since that is CD quality but higher rate mp3's such as 192kbps or 256kbps AAC will sound great in the car.
Thanks for your advice. I will try it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts