Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my second ‘93 and, predictably, the CD player doesn’t work. I’m buying a Delco refurb model through the Allante Store. My mechanic says remove and replace will cost $300. He said it takes longer if the system has not been worked on before, something to do with pins. This seems awfully high to me. I live in the Phoenix area. Is this price out of line?

·
Registered
2014 ELR
103 Posts
Is has been awhile, but it has to do with two nut that have to removed to get the tower out. A lot of people do not replace them when putting things back together. I never had to do mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you haven't already bought the cd-player,
then you could just cheap-out, as I've done: FM transmitter w/ 3.5mm plug
from Amazon plus a quality portable cd-player w/ ant-skip (used Sony Car-Diskman etc, I bought an old Bose unit that sounds great) plus small vibration absorbing feet, all from ebay, is way less than $50 total...

If you've still got cassettes this could also work with a good quality walkman w/Dolby, metal (but working walkmen are next too impossible to find on ebay and not cheap).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn. I did that years ago with another car. I totally forgot. Already bought replacement CD player.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,968 Posts
22 GB. Have a 64GB card innit. Ripped at the best quality. Sounds better than satellite. Looks like over 4,000 tracks (many are long). Slowly turning all my vinyl into digital. Hardest to find was the "Ballad of the USS Titanic"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts