Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 i Escalade luxury Wht Diamond tricoat w/ Kona Brown
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cd player in my escalade doesnt seem to want to accept my cd's. sometimes i have to push pretty hard. I'm figuring this isnt normal. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny guys. !!! the Grateful Dead wouldnt like that comment...

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
The way it's angled maybe? Unlike some when it senses a CD it sucks it in, the new escalade is somewhat reluctant.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, I have the same problem but here is what I discovered after fooling around with it for along time. When inserting the disc, you can't let the bottom side of the disc touch the bottom part of the CD slot. If it does, the eject motor turns on and keeps trying to push the CD out. I'm not sure if it has to do with whatever sensors they have in there but I think it's intended to prevent a disc from being inserted when there's already a disc in there. So, what I do is take the CD and insert it with the top of the CD touching the top part of the CD slot. The motor then seems to grab it nine times out of ten. Not sure if it's working as intended but I'm very hesitant to take the whole dash apart just to replace the CD changer which I don't use all that often.

·
Registered
None
226 Posts
Do people still use CD . ? J/K . I personally don't like CDs anymore to store them to look for them . I'm glad Caddilac stepped up with the technology that allows use to stream music .

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
si mike said:
Do people still use CD . ? J/K . I personally don't like CDs anymore to store them to look for them . I'm glad Caddilac stepped up with the technology that allows use to stream music .
My son has his collection of CD's he likes to watch when we travel 15 hours. The changer makes it easy. Then again have to figure out which remote works on the headrest DVD.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use a usb thumb drives mostly and my ipod. I have over 200 gigs of music stored that way but sometimes i want to use the cd player. I listen to a lot of live music which have no gaps between songs. The USB thumb drives break up each track. Using cd's elimate the gap between songs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts