Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  SoupMan 
#1 ·
i was just wondering what it could be. i tried different brand cds and it wasn't that. has anybody else had this problem? what could it be?

#5 ·
DukeSkywalker said:
i was just wondering what it could be. i tried different brand cds and it wasn't that. has anybody else had this problem? what could it be?
:tisk: Burnt CDs wouldn't play on my wife's '03 with changer. I recently upgraded to an '05 DVD NAV with CD changer. As soon as I can find a burnt CD, I'll try it.

#7 ·
ok, mine has done the same thing about 2 weeks ago. i reburnt the CD, still no dice. it did the exact thing, played first few tracks or so then skipped like mad. i have the bose 6-disc.

i don't accept defeat well, so i ran my head cleaner in the unit, seemed to help but it still did it. i would still recommend that.

now, next thing i would do (since you know the CD works elsewhere) is burn it from a different burner. luckily my father's PC has a quality burner so i just transferred the files. well, after that, the CD worked fine in my car, no skip. i attributed it to a CD burner that probably needs to be replaced. i don't think it was laying the tracks properly on the disc. weird thing is, the CD's i burn work everywhere else.

case in point: i think the cadillac bose is VERY tempramental, since my poineer played EVERYTHING perfect i am kinda spoiled.

i'd like to upgrade to the nav next year...

#12 ·
DukeSkywalker said:
cool. thanks for the help i'll try some of those things.

i have an 03 cts. did somebody say they upgraded to the 05 navigation with the cd changer? how much did that cost?
:) I am one of many on this forum to upgrade to the DVD NAV. Total cost for the DVD NAV ($1275.00) (off eBay) new DVD MAP disc ($195.00) from Zenrin.com, and factory GPS antenna from GM-Parts.com about $55, total around $1525.00. Check www.cadillacfaq.com for detailed how-to-do instructions. And yes, it's worth it.

#13 ·
TripleOught said:
ok, mine has done the same thing about 2 weeks ago. i reburnt the CD, still no dice. it did the exact thing, played first few tracks or so then skipped like mad. i have the bose 6-disc.

now, next thing i would do (since you know the CD works elsewhere) is burn it from a different burner. luckily my father's PC has a quality burner so i just transferred the files. well, after that, the CD worked fine in my car, no skip. i attributed it to a CD burner that probably needs to be replaced. i don't think it was laying the tracks properly on the disc. weird thing is, the CD's i burn work everywhere else.

case in point: i think the cadillac bose is VERY tempramental, since my poineer played EVERYTHING perfect i am kinda spoiled.
Same exact experience for me. One or two normal playing tracks, then skips like crazy on my Bose non-nav. I switched from making the discs on my cheap laptop to my decent desktop. No problems now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.