Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Catera
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 12 disc cd changer for my catera, but I'm getting frustrated with it since I can't play burned cds in it. I was told that cd changers are out of date so I would have to put in an actual cd player, but to do that was a lot of trouble with the security features on the catera. Anyone know much about this?

·
Registered
92' Eldorado, 97 Catera
289 Posts
You will need an Axcess GMOS-03 module. It will plug in to retain the door chime. This is the part that can mess with your security system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just get an ipod with the monster cable you can tune to a radio station and listen to anything you want without tearing into the car at all... Just an option...

·
Registered
1997 Catera
172 Posts
that's a nice option....I got a CD changer, also I got XM hooked up to mine...lots of music with primary and secondary systems before I fall back to ole' FM...but there are still times ya wanna play a CD that someone burned for ya (uh...I mean...that you burned with legit copies of your own music...go away RIAA!)
Wish I knew a CD changer that played CD-R / CD-RW. Anyone got that one?

·
Registered
Cadillac
25 Posts
dont waste your time... take your "burned music", put it on your ipod and go go go! screw the cd changer business - thats old~hat.

enz

·
Registered
Catera
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that's one im using right now but the power supply that I have seem to drain the power instead of charge it so I have to keep recharging it in my house. Plus I'm having issues with the player that it shuts down if i have the volume too high. I read somewhere in the forum about this problem but I can't seem to find it again.

·
Registered
1997 Catera
172 Posts
(/rant ON) :mad2: hmmm...why do some people keep telling you that you don't want what you have already asked for....and even worse, some people (Steve Jobs smooch-ups) insisting that everyone get an Ipod and be like them! Maybe he don't want to fool with the Ipod, or maybe...like me...likes the 'old school' (old~hat?). (/rant OFF) :)

radio turning OFF at high volume - search the forum for 'multifunction module'. You can either replace it - or jumper pins #12 and #14 to solve / bypass the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts