Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,091 Posts
There are about a dozen discs to a set and they are very expensive. Your best bet is Ebay. A quick check shows there are some for sale right now. Search for CTS CD NAV disc and variations.

·
Registered
Cadillac
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked ebay and they only have the DVD version and on my NAV it says CD Discs so I was checking to see if there was another place to get it other than the dealership

·
Registered
03 CTS 5sp manual, 07 STS
194 Posts
Definitely look on E-bay. That's where I got my disk. You may have to search for a day or two. Additionally you don't need the complete set of 11 disks unless you're a traveling salesman going across country in your car:). You only need the disk that covers your state. Each disk covers three or four states and one disk for the entire interstate system.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Zenrin makes DVD (Ver 6.5) and CD's (Ver 5.5) for the Infinity Nav, that members have shown to work with our Navs. If you only need one area, it's $120. If you want the whole set, you'll be better off buying a DVD Nav with the money.

http://www.zenrin.com/infiniti/CD/

·
Registered
Cadillac
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help and I found the one I needed on ebay and thanks for the website that sells the CD's. I have to buy to disc because the 3 states that I needed are on 2 different discs.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
I imagine most of your CDs are 5 years old. The maps would be out of date. Mine was a version #6 DVD and several highways were missing. The newest is #6.5. The prices are insane!!:mad:

·
Registered
Cadillac
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I was worried about out of date discs but I need CD version becuase my nav is not DVD based

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
That's what I was worried about out of date discs but I need CD version becuase my nav is not DVD based
Several members have bought used DVD NAVs on eBay and then tried to sell their CD based units on eBay also but not a big line for the CD units. Used DVD units run from $700 to $1100. It should include the antenna and DVD.:)

·
Registered
Cadillac
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I called the dealership to find out about the disc and they gave me a # to call 877 nav disc and the person that I talked to said that all CTS's have DVD Nav's and they dont have the CD Nav and I told them that on the top of mine it said CD not DVD and they said that it didnt matter it uses a DVD. anyone have insight on this.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,091 Posts
You talked to an uninformed ignoramus. CTS were initially introduced with a CD NAV and then swapped to a DVD system. The dash color changed at the same time.

·
Registered
Cadillac
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just want to make sure that I have the right disc and dont waste money because I have 2004 CTS but my car didnt come with Nav and I added it and I didnt get the disc with it so that why I am trying to find out

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
I called the dealership to find out about the disc and they gave me a # to call 877 nav disc and the person that I talked to said that all CTS's have DVD Nav's and they dont have the CD Nav and I told them that on the top of mine it said CD not DVD and they said that it didnt matter it uses a DVD. anyone have insight on this.
They have no idea what they are talking about. I'd like to make a wager with them!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
I just want to make sure that I have the right disc and dont waste money because I have 2004 CTS but my car didnt come with Nav and I added it and I didnt get the disc with it so that why I am trying to find out
You want a #6 or #6.5 DVD Maps.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts