Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SRX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 SRX without nav. Had to boost the battery, now CD is initionalizing and shows mechan error and won't stop this process. As soon as the driver door is opened CD starts the initionalizing mode before the key is even turned and CD Load or Eject buttons have not been touched, will not stop initionalizing. Radio works /plays while Cd continues initionalizing the whole time. Is there a way to disable the CD player without removing it. I don't use the CD at all.

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
First, try disconnecting neg. battery cable for a minute or two. That usually works. Might also try 'disc up/down' button. that sometimes works.

·
Registered
SRX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks glake89.... disconnected neg. battery cable for 2min....same problem. Tried it for 4min. everything seems fine so far but am not trying or using the CD.

·
Registered
SRX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it does the initialize process everytime the door is open or car is started. It stops after cycling thru 3times, doesn't cycle continuos like before.

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,135 Posts
As long as nothing was damaged in the circuitry, the CD player should simply need a reset. This means removing all sources of power like Glake suggested. However, the system relies on both accessory power (which is removed when you open the driver door) as well as capacitance power. The latter would be held inside the unit itself by capacitors and possibly, on board battery. The only way I can think of to drain capacitance is to remove the stereo system fuse and let it sit without power for at least 30 minutes. It may or may not work.

·
Registered
SRX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've disconnected the battery for over an hour and the disc player still initiaizes whenever any door or the rear hatch is opened or closed, doors are locked or unlocked. Cycles thru 3 times and stops, shows mechan error. I don't use the disc player enough to warrant the expensive repair of this problematic GM accessory. As long as it doesn't cycle continuously I'm fine.

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,135 Posts
As others suggested, it is usually fixed by removing power. Is this original OEM equipment and has it ever been removed? There is a possibility it is not hooked up properly. Failing that, the unit is defective.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts