Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Bose/Nav system in both of my CTS wagons. My daily driver is a '10 and I updated the Nav once, but I don't remember when. My '14 is a V and "should" be updated (but then again this is GM, so who knows?).

I put in two different CD's I bought this week, and they both are brand new releases. That means (to me) that they are the latest and greatest pressings and electronics in a CD. Yeah, if that means jack squat.

My problem is this: the CD's, both of them, do not display any information regarding the track or time or anything whatsoever. The only information is "No Info".

Other older CD's do display this info. This is in both cars. Can anyone shed some light as to how to get the track info on the screen?

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
I believe that the Gracenotes database doesn't include them. The older ones are in the database.

Marv

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh, this is "prefed" information in the Gracenotes database, like you said. It makes no sense, of course, that it can't "learn" titles and other information. So every day a new CD is released just puts our infotainment system further out of date.

Thanks, Marv.

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium AWD
222 Posts
Noticed the same thing with My CDs if they were made after the database you get a nice NO INFO all over your HDD. The only way I got around this was by burning the CDs and throwing them on a USB to load the HDD.

·
Registered
14,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I'll do that. Kinda defeats the purpose, but then I don't have to carry the CD's around, either. Thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD (sold)
823 Posts
Noticed the same thing with My CDs if they were made after the database you get a nice NO INFO all over your HDD. The only way I got around this was by burning the CDs and throwing them on a USB to load the HDD.
The only issue with this is the cd files need to be converted to compressed mp3 in order for the hdd to read it, in affect, losing the lossless cd-quality resolution.

·
Registered
14,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Losing what little sound quality we get in a car stereo (Bose or other) isn't worth the USB route. So back to loading/unloading each disc. I appreciate the update.

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium AWD
222 Posts
The only issue with this is the cd files need to be converted to compressed mp3 in order for the hdd to read it, in affect, losing the lossless cd-quality resolution.
is this because the HDD can not support lossless audio?

----------

The sound quality is not horrible, I would at least give her a shot. Depends on how much of an audio snob you are. I can not stand to watch a movie that does not have at least DTS HD MA, but the audio from the cars USB quality is decent. I can stand it. You will not feel like you are "hearing the song for the first time" If that is what you are looking for. Just in general the Bose system is good, I would say the USB quality is good. Nothing is excellent. It sounds better than radio and sirius at least.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD (sold)
823 Posts
is this because the HDD can not support lossless audio?

Correct. It can only read mp3's and I believe someone once said it can also read Apple's compressed version AAC but I've never tested it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts