Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my local, independent stero dealer install a 6-CD changer in my 1999 SLS. The changer is made by a company called USA-Spec and it is designed to work through the factory installed HU, whether it is a Bose or not. This is not an RF modulator unit. This unit works through the HU controls, just like a GM-factory CD changer.

In my SLS, the connector cable comes through the center console. I had the dealer run the cable to the trunk and mount the CD changer in the trunk. I like having the center console to store all my junk, so for me trunk mount was the way to go. I understand, however, that Devilles have the wire running to the trunk, instead of the center console.

I am really happy with the changer. It has a 3 year warranty and it cost me less than half of what the dealer would have charged for the "official" Cadillac changer. My only gripe is that it is only a 6-CD changer. The Alpine changer in my Benz is a 12 disc changer and it can be daisy chained to another changer for a 24 discs total!

If you are interested in a CD changer but don't want to go the way of an RF modulator, then you ought to look at this unit. :bouncy:

·
Registered
378 Posts
ya know whats funny my SINGLE CD Pioneer installed in my 93 STS will play more songs than that 6 or 12.... MP3 baby...thats the way...more music and less hardware..IMHO

·
Registered
11 Posts
1toycad said:
I just had my local, independent stero dealer install a 6-CD changer in my 1999 SLS. The changer is made by a company called USA-Spec and it is designed to work through the factory installed HU, whether it is a Bose or not. This is not an RF modulator unit. This unit works through the HU controls, just like a GM-factory CD changer.
I just ordered the same unit(USA SPEC SCD-G190CAD 6-disc CD Changer) through "Crutchfield" It is on backorder but is expected in next week,hopefully.Since I have the stock AM/FM Cassette player in my "99" DeVille is there a way to boost power to the unit and or speakers without getting into to much hassle?

·
Registered
11 Posts
the usa spes cd changers are good but did they tell you that they only work through the factory radio and they only come in as good as the radio station does since they are playing over that channel I am a car audio installer here in florida and when older people whant that installed they have to tune there radio in at 88.1 which reception where we are at sucks just think about what you want I would go with an aftermarket in the dash and save the trouble .

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dubbed caddy said:
the usa spes cd changers are good but did they tell you that they only work through the factory radio and they only come in as good as the radio station does since they are playing over that channel I am a car audio installer here in florida and when older people whant that installed they have to tune there radio in at 88.1 which reception where we are at sucks just think about what you want I would go with an aftermarket in the dash and save the trouble .
I was just going through old posts. The USA-SPEC CD changer works just like the OEM changer, right through the HU. This is NOT an FM modulator unit. It is ocntrolled through the HU in-das and steering wheel controls. It is a very nice unit.

Now, however, I am in the process of looking to upgrade the entire BOSE system to an Alpine with navigation, iPod and XM radio. Stay tuned! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 1992 Seville and I'm lost on how to install a aftermarket C.D. player. I don't have the Bose system, but when I took the deck out I had two set of wires which ran to the side of the unit. I don't know what wiring harness I need to hook up the deck, or what kit to mount the deck. I bought one from Wal-Mart, and that didn't help because it said it was for the 92-96 seville but it didn't work. Also what about the antenna? Can someone help me please?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
PEEWEE98