Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Coupe DeVille 4.9 V8
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please tell me the exact location (pics if available) of the CCR module on my 91 coupe DeVille. Some say under drivers seat others say trunk. I want to disable the warning light for CCR. I've heard n read I just simply cut the dark green wire to disable this. Input please

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,095 Posts
CCR ???

What system, and any trouble codes (OBD1)?

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood FWD / 2000 ETC / 2000 STS / 2006 STS V-8 1SF RWD
476 Posts
Hello...

To my knowledge, CCR hasn't been active since 1972.
CCR was disabled when Tom Fogerty left in 1970 and the 2 remaining members didn't like John Fogerty's artistic control.

:stirpot:
CCR.png

·
Registered
2000 Deville Base, 2019 Corvette GS
1,164 Posts
Computer Command Ride I think he is talking about. My guess is under the carpet under the front driver seat. Do not cut any wires. Move the seat all the way forward and feel in the slit in the carpet and you can feel the connector and just unplug it. BTW I am a big Creedence fan.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,445 Posts
CCR vinyl I got - lots of it. Gonna cue up some Green River tonight ..............

Computer Command Ride - man, that goes back a ways.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cad...rome..69i57.9504j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
few years back my youngest son was at a studio in Nashville for a recording session. Took a pee break and realized the guy standing at the next urinal was John Fogerty. The bro code, of course, is you don't talk while taking a whiz. They nodded and walked out.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, 1993 Cadillac Sedan DeVille Special Edition
260 Posts
CCR / SSS is under the driver's seat according to the service manual. Is it dead or are you trying to do the GM fix by cutting the wire for the light?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All I see is what looks like wires for the seat motor I can't find a slit in carpet to look under the drivers seat

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'm trying to disable warning light
As far as the woodgrain trim, there are torx screws recessed in the top parts of the bezel (the underside of each opening for the fuel data, electronic climate, twilight sentinel, and either cruise control or window lockout) Take the small side bezels out first, by removing the single torx on each side then tilting them down and pulling out. Then remove the torx from the big center piece, by removing the screws at the top mentioned above, and the fou screws at the bottom, two on the outside bottom edge that were previously covered by the side bezels, and two that are under a small trim piece under the column, which pries out from the bottom. Take the two screws holding the info center out and the info center pretty much falls right out. With a torx driver and knowing where the screws are it takes a matter of minutes. Total screws are about 11 I believe, counting the Info center. Then remove your bulb.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very cool thank you. Is is there an advantage to doing it like this rather than under the driver seat

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Very cool thank you. Is is there an advantage to doing it like this rather than under the driver seat
I would guess just unplugging the module would be a lot easier considering you are now disabling the whole system and not going to be using it anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll look better in the morning. I've had other sites telling me in the trunk and others under the seat, I'm glad I know where to look now for sure

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You seem to have gotten me closer than anyone else, so in hoping you will check the pics and tell me if one of these is the harness to disconnect. Seems like it would be for the power seat, and I see 2 harness clips about 12 inches from each other but look like they are running together pics are in thread I don't think site will allow me to send directly to you

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, 1993 Cadillac Sedan DeVille Special Edition
260 Posts
http://web.archive.org/web/20040405005915/http://caddyinfo.netgetgoing.com/disable.htm

Here's a link to a copy of the GM service statement. 740707 is the document number if you want to look it up. Wire is dark green coming out of a box under the seat, cut that and tape it back somewhere.

You could probably just unplug or remove the box entirely if you wanted to.

The next easiest way to turn the light off is probably to just remove the panel and take the bulb out instead. Personally, I'm leaving mine in and waiting for it to burn out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm trying the pics I posted are not it are they?? That was just seat motor right??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts