Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 FWB Blk on Blk. (120K) 98 Deville Concours, 1991 SDV.
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first I would like to thank Noahsdad for the help on a search I did last week to fix my Climate Control Panel problems, (reads little "c" on both display's.) I eventually fixed the problem by replacing the Body Control Module from a junkyard SDV 1990 part. I have a 1989 Coupe De Ville, 4.5L.
Problem now is that the displays now read metric. Fuel display in Liters and CCP is of course in deg. C. Anyone been through this? The owners manual in the glove box has a digital option cluster listed for a buttom to press from E/M, but my cluster is analog anyhow, (no option.) Could it be I got a Canadian or oversees BCM and it only reads Metric? I would think I could be able to push a certian set of buttons on the Climate Control Display panel and get it back to English/Imperial settings. I hope. :confused:
Thanks for the help. :)

·
Registered
95 FWB Blk on Blk. (120K) 98 Deville Concours, 1991 SDV.
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello, I just wanted to update what I tried and let others know what the results were. I got another BCM junkyard off a 1991 CDV. I switched the BCM's out and the same thing as before. Still reads Metric. So as for the theory of BCM's being metric or english has no truth. The second one I put in was from the U.S., The car had a Dept. Of Defense sticker on the window, U.S.A. Oh well, I will just get used to converting the units to english/Imperial, no problem, at least it all works now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
here's the deal. there is a blue wire under the dash. don't ever connect it. I did. that's what caused my trouble. grounding it change your dashboard to metric

·
Registered
´67 Eldorado, ´96 Eldorado
522 Posts
Hey, can someone point, where exactly this blue wire is located? Is it light blue or dark?
I have similar problem with my ´91 Deville (analog speedo):banghead:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'll look today. i done this on 2 vehicles. I did it about 20 years ago and I accidently figure it out on how to fix back then.

when you look under the dash you will see a wire that's obviously disconnected. you will see where it is connected to and due to human nature you will connect it

that's where your problem will begin

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
You should be able to switch it back. I dont have the manual in front of me but I will look into it in the morning.
All I can tell you is on my 92 eldo. with a 4.9 that it will display both,there is a button right on the dashboard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts