Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1976 Calais Sedan
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was wondering if CB radio was fitted in 1976 Cadillac as optional or not. My car, 1976 Calais, has a Kraco radio with CB but I am not sure if it is original. If not, what was the original radio fitted? Can you help?
Thanks.

Luca

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
Your CB radio is aftermarket. Stock radios were Delco. Citizen's banders should be beaten to death with a citizen's band whip.

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
Look in your owners book. CB radios were a factory option in many Cads, but KRACO? That probably should be thrown overboard.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
If it works it works. Actually I'd probably keep for laughs.

Kraco = Radio Shack

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
Listening to citizen's band radio nowdays is very similar to reading your Spam E-Mail. There's not much intelligent information to be found.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Yeah, sort of like me playing Johnny Cash on my 8-Track at a car show, you can barely understand the words and it just sounds like crap but it's good for a laugh.

·
Registered
1976 Calais Sedan
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:) I understand you are not very interested in CB talking. And I am not interested either. The only reason for asking about the radio is that, to be able to register the car in Italy as historic vehicle, car has to be all original so...I think I will have to look for an original radio.
Luca

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
:rolleyes: I just happen to have a spare 8 Track AM/FM stereo for that car, it appears to be from a 1975 or 1976. If you are interested in it let me know, I would have to bench test it to verify that the radio and 8 track work. It is complete with the correct chrome knobs with gold crests that would go with a 1976 SDV or CDV.

I'll post a pic of it in this thread tonight for you.

I would even throw in a few 8 Track tapes for the right price.

·
Registered
1976 Calais Sedan
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,

I might be interested in your radio. How much would you ask for? Waiting to see the pic.
Thanks!
luca

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
These pictures don't do it justice, this radio is flawless. I never looked that close at it before, it looks like it was taken out of a car when it was new. The only chip on the face of the unit is only visible ONLY if you push the 8 track door open with your finger, the plastic chrome is perfect, the chrome and gold metal knobs are in flawless new condition. This one would easliy fetch $250 - $300 (USD) on Ebay. If you want to purchase it, the price would include a bench test to verify all speaker channels, face lights, 8 track (would include belts if needed), auto antenna work before I ship it. It also includes the two plugs that are on top of the unit in the pictures. I'll throw in a few 8 tracks (not the Johnny Cash shown). $250 + you pay shipping.

·
Registered
1976 Calais Sedan
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi,
I might be interested in the radio. Looks very nice. Can you please tell me the GM number code on it? Just to be sure it is the right one.
Anyway, please contact me at: [email protected]

Luca

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Serial # 2026553

Service Ref # 76KFMT3

FCC data model # 7896136

There is a sticker on the side of the radio that I got these #s off. It's in perfect condition. I wish I could say the same for my eyes, if the #s don't make sense I'll look again with a magnifying glass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts