Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Catera
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 catera and the radio will cut out most of the time if you turn it up I have been able to get it to turn back on by turning the light switch on and off. The leveling light will start blinking at a constant pace after driving for about 30 mins. The dome lights don't work either most of the time. I pulled out the stereo thinking that there might be a short in the wiring behind the stereo, but no luck on finding one. Could this be a computer issue seems like a lot of issues to be caused by a simple short. The leveling thing might be its own problem since after driving today I heard something by the rear tires leaking that wasn't the tires since they still have air. I do know that this car was in an accident b4 I bought it just from looking at it I bought it a couple weeks ago as is because I thought I was getting a easy fixer it had a ceased ac pump that I originally thought was a power steering pump. which is now taken care of.

Sorry so long
Ken

·
Registered
2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green
698 Posts
Try checking out the Multifunction module for your radio and the dome light problem. As for the Leveling problem, take a look at the airlines, see if you can find a leak and make sure those lines are connected to the shocks.

·
Registered
Catera
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what's the multifunction module?? had the codes ran today p4045 emissions code popped up.

·
Registered
2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green
698 Posts
Multifunction module is like a small computer and relays combined. It is found under the dash where the fuses are, but it is mounted deeper on the left side. It is a grey box, about 1"x2"x2.5" in dimensions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts