Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
catera
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, after my post that the catera was all fixed.. guess what? stalling!

I have narrowed it down. This is exactly what is happening in sequence, same as last time.

Car has 1/4 tank gas, I go to fill it, fill it up, go to start... Cranks annd cranks and cranks, finally starts, running rough, idle all over, 2 foot it out of the gas station, get on rd.. ok till go to stop, wants to stall, gotta 2 foot it.

Get home then car starts fine, go to drive it and intermitten stalling and uncontrolled idle.

Let me foot off gas at 30mph or under, and stalls sometimes. or as I pull into a parking space, it stalls...

But then it will drive fine.. seems to be more prone to stall when I come to a quick stop.

What do you think??
No engine light. Car is back at the GM dealer.

·
Registered
catera
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the dealer says that there is a valve stuck open in the gas tank, it slips my mind what they said it was. evap valve? and its sucking fuel..?

they said there is a possibility that it could have damaged the canister within the gastank, and may need a gastank.. any ideas??

·
Registered
catera
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, Im thinking used if it comes to it -matera.. there is a salvage yard with a few cateras near me, unless they cruseded um.. but then again a 10 yr old NY gas tank scares me!

And yeah the fuel filter was replaced.. maybe 4 months ago. the teck said he ran fuel pressure gauge, and said it was normal operating pressure, not high, but not low.

they say this valve is sticking open and sucking fuel into the canister. and that MAY cause the canister to go bad.. not sure. the gm tank is $700 Im just debating.. should I do it at the dealer cause this dealer I like a lot, or take it to my cut rate mechanic that is legit, just $30 an hr less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts