Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Catera Soon CTS
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as some of you might know i am turbo charging my catera and ... i have looked thought some of the managment devices

i looked into

megasquirt--- cant be done
AEM------ can be done too much money
safc------- i am not sure how the hack would work with our ECU's

another option chipping the ecu ?? anyone know anything about that

anyother options....???:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
484 Posts
This engine was available in Saab's turbocharged. I'm not sure of the exact model.

To tell you the truth, you would be better off doing an LS1 swap than turbocharging this car.

·
Registered
Cadillac Catera Soon CTS
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ls1 swap 5000+g's turbo i put everything together for 500 buks now waiting to find some real managment ... i can fun FMU but how long is that going to last me

·
Registered
484 Posts
You are seriosuly underestimating the cost of this upgrade unless you're getting all of the parts for free and doing all of the fabrication yourself.

How did you arrive at that figure?

·
Registered
Cadillac Catera Soon CTS
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:S why free ... i am not following ...
PARTS.......EBAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MYPRICE
turbo.. 100-200 buks holset....FREE
IC......100 with piping.............50$
manifolds--- custom300-500....FREE
bov,small things-200buks........60
NEO APEXI- 400---------------300 used:(
FAB----expencive..................FREE I DO IT MY SELF...

as i said i expect this whole KIT to come out TOPS 500-600 buks and the ls swap is around 5-7k even more

·
Registered
92' Eldorado, 97 Catera
289 Posts
The GM 4L30-E is only rated up to 258 ft-lbs (350 Nm). The 3.2L and 3.5L engines that mount to this tranny already push its limitations. You will roast the tranny if you go over this number.

You will have to increase the flow rate of the cooling system. The back two cylandiers run to hot. This will be the end of the engine if the fuel cuts off and they are to hot. The car will also retard the ignition right before the shift begins. I could see some problems there, situationally of course.

The rods are weak and brittle due to being to thin. Saab does have some that will fit and oil better.

The fuel delivery question is a hard one. You would have to lay down some more insight into your plan before you can get more informed answers.

Not saying it can not be done but it will get pricey.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i agree. even if you get away with that cheap of a turbo setup, (which i highly doubt you will.) your gonna end up gettin a new tranny so your gonna spend the money anyways. why not just do a LS1 sawp and tranny swap all at once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts