Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Catera started making a very loud knocking noise, and eventually lost a significant chunk of its engine output. An independent mechanic and the dealership tell me that the lifters have collapsed. I was told the cheapest and most effective way to fix this issue is to drop in a new/used/refurbished engine.

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap used or refurbished engine for the Cadilac Catera, with a complete kit. I'm looking for the cheapest i could possibly pay, with engine being fully intact.

Thanks,
Omar

·
Registered
Cadillac Catera Soon CTS
118 Posts
ill sell u mine ... just pay shipping 1500 with all the sencors and everything 1600 shipped if u want

·
Registered
Cadillac
38 Posts
Go for the new engine. I have had one in for over a year and it is running great. The engines are 2003, after they fixed a lot of the early problems.
The guy who is selling them is very knowledgable. He air ships all engines ($300 to Dallas).
Good luck.

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go for the new engine. I have had one in for over a year and it is running great. The engines are 2003, after they fixed a lot of the early problems.
The guy who is selling them is very knowledgable. He air ships all engines ($300 to Dallas).
Good luck.
Where do you find this guy, does he have a website or something?

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My question is, will that engine work in my car, without me having to switch other parts so everything runs smoothly together, because that is not the original engine that was in my car, if I'm not mistaken that's the engine that goes in a CTS. What is you're guys' experience?

·
Registered
Cadillac Catera Soon CTS
118 Posts
How many miles have you got on it, and what kind of condition is it in?

125 km new tbelt waterpump and all that crap ... the motor runs fine i can get you some clips b.c it is still in the car ... back couple months ago i thought the motor was toasted b.c it kept smoking from under the hood but the problem was the thermostat housing ... that was fixed ... as i said if you are really intrested about it i can get you snap shots of the motor + cluster with km' record and also some ... driving clips... just let me know

edit: forgot ... new plugs wires coils.....

·
Registered
Cadillac
38 Posts
I now have just about a year on this engine I got on eBay and have had no problems, other than normal Catera stuff (aux heater pump, heater bypass valve, and just rebuilt the ETCBM).

·
Registered
Cadillac
14 Posts
Just bought a brand new engine 2002, it fit my 97 catera just needed a different a/c compressor bracket which they supplied, bought it from aaa foreighn auto supplies, they are on ebay, but I dealt directly, they are very knowlegeable and easy to talk to, very helpful. price $1600 + $300 for delivery to newark, nj airport. hope this helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts