Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, low and behold. A day after I was bragging about how well the car was running...

Driving in stop and go traffic, I hear a click then a progressively loud thud thud. So loud I'm thinking to myself it's a loose rod, maybe a lifter went. Manage to get the car home. Oddly the thump/thud is not regular i.e. in relation to rpm but very very loud.

Open the hood, listen to the valves, heads, nothing, not a rocker, doesn't sound like the all too familiar sound of a rod. Listen to the maggie, big noise. Sounds like something big is floating around in there.

Never ever ever seen a supercharger fail this way. I know the bearings go and funny whines start showing up but this was completely unannounced.

To top it off I've not had a chance to even track the car once this summer and I've been babying it for a while.

Of course I'm about 1.3 years into ownership so no warranty I suspect.

Bummer.

Time to rush the whipple on I guess.

Vent over.

I'll crack the maggie open and see what happened.

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V, 2010 CTS-V 6MT (Sold), 2007 CTS-V (Sold)
1,409 Posts
Sorry to hear that ichpen! At least you have a bigger and better supercharger ready to go... good luck.

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
Sorry for your loss.. What are you gonna do with the miss maggie? :)

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
I thought the Maggie had a three year warranty if you bought it new. Mine had one year cuz it was reman.

Good luck

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
I thought the Maggie had a three year warranty if you bought it new. Mine had one year cuz it was reman.

Good luck
:yeah:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll give magnusson a call tomorrow. But Assuming they get it fixed I'll be selling the kit

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,966 Posts
Let the feeding frenzy begin!!!

Geez, sorry, ichpen that this happened. Don't think I've ever heard of one going like this.

From your description, it almost sounds like the lobes are now kissing cousins in there ... reluctantly so, I might add.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah. Looks like lobe failure. Did some research and at least I'm not a pioneer on that front.

Gathering pieces for the whipple.

As long as magnusson fixes the unit I'm selling the kit. Need to find a replacement heatexchanger.

Nik

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy crap. What's up with Magnusson.

Called them. Said I've had the supercharger for a year. First thing that the guy says is normally we would not warranty this because it didn't come with a calibration. My response, I know, that's because you guys don't send a calibration for an LS2. His response is that it invalidates the warranty to have it tuned. So what I gleaned after that conversation was that the LS2 maggie kit essentially ships without warranty because Magnusson doesn't provide you with one?!?

Anyway, they'll cover the repair but holy crap. Totally baffled by this. Shaking my head. From a practical perspective I'm trying to figure out how a tune can possibly harm your head unit? I mean yeah, without one you'll run lean and detonate your bottom end but it has absolutely no relation to your supercharger....

hmmmm..

·
Registered
NONE
37 Posts
That's a shame. It's good they're covering the work, but they want you to feel special and that they're doing you a favor rather than just living up to what they SHOULD be doing. Should I go FI I'll probably steer clear of Maggie's and go with a Whipple or a Turbo route.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts