Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
cts v 2007
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I I have an x pipe and strate thru type mufflers ...I'm looking for a raspier louder sound tho...im in california so I don't want to get long tubes...I was thinking high flow cats or even better would be cat delete would give the desired sound...can I do the cat delete or will it pop some codes or make it run funny?thanks

·
Registered
cts v 2007
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
deleting cats?

I wanted to delete the cats to get a raspier louder sound....would doing this pop codes or make the car run bad? Thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you delete the CATs then it will give you some trouble codes. High flow CATs will still maintain the fuel loop and will not give you codes. It might give you a code initially as you are making a significant air change.

·
Registered
cts v 2007
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Switch back to stock for smog...then back to "strate pipes" lol after smog...

----------

"Strate"?

How are you going to pass smog with a cat delete? And yes, deleting the cats will give you a CEL.
Just not baffled hooker max flows...

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
If you turn off the rear O2 sensors, you won't trip a CEL if you remove the cats.
It will stink, but if you want loud, it will be that.
Since Ca now has the OBD smog test working, it will be interesting if you can pass smog with that setup as there isn't any sniff test.

·
Registered
cts v 2007
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you turn off the rear O2 sensors, you won't trip a CEL if you remove the cats.
It will stink, but if you want loud, it will be that.
Since Ca now has the OBD smog test working, it will be interesting if you can pass smog with that setup as there isn't any sniff test.
How would you turn off the rear o2 sensors...my buddy has long tubes on his 05 and no cats and the smell isn't really an issue...I had no cats on my mustang and it stunk pretty bad... thanks for the reply

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
How would you turn off the rear o2 sensors...my buddy has long tubes on his 05 and no cats and the smell isn't really an issue...I had no cats on my mustang and it stunk pretty bad... thanks for the reply
You get someone that has a tuner and knows what he is doing to shut off the rear O2's.
Not a big deal, but very important!
I ran that way for a few years, setting off car alarms in parking structures is fun!
However I got stopped three times and ticketed once (excessive noise).

·
Registered
cts v 2007
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You get someone that has a tuner and knows what he is doing to shut off the rear O2's.
Not a big deal, but very important!
I ran that way for a few years, setting off car alarms in parking structures is fun!
However I got stopped three times and ticketed once (excessive noise).
Haha..nice!...thanks for the help man...much appreciated. ..?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
14 Posts
I am planning on removing my cats as well. Little better flow...doesn't hurt fuel mileage, and I've never had a vehicle that I've them on. Must keep the balance of the universe with all the hybroods out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts