Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
18 Posts
even if you do loose some boost on the gauge, you still have the same power. You really dont gain much by this, unless you are modded more than the average car. Above 575-600whp, you would start to gain some real hp.
You can run a lot more timing with headers or cat deletes on the car even at 550rwhp. Like about 6 degrees more at the same A/F with no detonation or worrying about cats melting. This is enough to make a nice hp gain after a retune even with running 1.5-2.0 psi less boost.

·
Registered
2014 cts Vsport
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
lsxtuner said:
You can run a lot more timing with headers or cat deletes on the car even at 550rwhp. Like about 6 degrees more at the same A/F with no detonation or worrying about cats melting. This is enough to make a nice hp gain after a retune even with running 1.5-2.0 psi less boost.
Lsxtuner if I was to get the cats deleted and was to add timing in my tune what type of power gains do you think I could obtain from doing so?? I Know you said earlier 12-15 is that with the added timing or just adding test pipes without a retune?

·
Registered
CTS-V
18 Posts
Lsxtuner if I was to get the cats deleted and was to add timing in my tune what type of power gains do you think I could obtain from doing so?? I Know you said earlier 12-15 is that with the added timing or just adding test pipes without a retune?
You will gain about 15rwhp retuned but that is at 1.5psi less boost. The next step is to pulley down to the 2.38 upper and then watch the gain go to 60rwhp at the same boost you used to run with the front cats in. That's a big difference :)

·
Registered
2014 cts Vsport
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
lsxtuner said:
You will gain about 15rwhp retuned but that is at 1.5psi less boost. The next step is to pulley down to the 2.38 upper and then watch the gain go to 60rwhp at the same boost you used to run with the front cats in. That's a big difference :)
I heard of some guys experiencing belt slip with the smaller than a 2.5 upper. You have any problems with that?

·
Registered
CTS V M6
28 Posts
I'm about to do this on my 2012 coupe, so if the CEL is on, can it be turned off via OBD II scanner or it has to be done by a tuner? does it matter if the CEL is on other than annoyance?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts