Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 62 replies 30 participants last post by  silverws6ta 
#1 ·
i have had many people throughout the eight months of owning my sts mistake it for a cts. even owners of cts have mistaken it, jw if anyone else has had the problem of people mistakening their cars.

#36 ·
Many US drivers have no concept of road manners. Even those of us that try to obey the rules of the road end up getting lured into passing on the right by the idiots that set their cruise at 66 and dominate the passing lane.

It's a common Wisconsin ocurrance to see people side-by-side for miles. My wife doesn't like me to flash the high-beams. I don't mean to be impolite, but it does get left-lane-loonies to check their mirror.

The whole idea is to make traffic predictable. It may seem polite to motion someone else to go at a four-way stop, but it would be far easier to just remember why it's called a 'right-of-way' and take your turn.

1. Left turners yield to all.
2. Right turners yield to all others.
3. Going straight? First come first served.
4. When two cars meet at the same time, the one on the right has the 'right-of-way'.

Some states will never issue citations to the car on the right or in front on a 'following-too-closely'.

#39 ·
One thing I never understood is why no N* in the CTS. I mean, they can fit the LS6 and LSA V8's in there so why not a 4.6L? I guess it must have something to do with the fact that most STS I see are V6, so they don't think there would be a good market for the CTS N*. But then the DTS is only available with the V8...

Anyway, I think Cadillac has established a real brand idenitity with these "Art and Science" designed cars. The all say "I'm a Cadillac and proud of it".

#47 ·
I only got through page 2 because I learned from post 19 that I was poor because I have an 01 Caddy, and then learned from post 27 that I also drive a "douch mobile" when In my Escalade. I don't want to read anymore....I fear I might find out I am also sterile.

#50 ·
I hate it when people think my car is a CTS because I do not care for the CTS at all. I work with a guy that got into my STS for the first time and he fell in love. He had his mind set before the STS experience that he was gonna get a new Camaro. After being in my car he tells me that he is gonna get a caddy. A few weeks go by and this guy shows up in an 05 gray CTS...EWW LOL. He is so proud of it LOL. But then everyone at my work started sayin "Hey i See John Doe got a caddy just like yours". I would correct people fast and tell them I drive a STS and he drives a CTS...big difference. They dont understand until they get in my car. When I take people to lunch or people just ride with me they are so amazed at the remote start, push start, the nav and all of its features. They are like kids in a candy store "whats that, whats does that do, what happens when you push this, where does the key go ETC LOL I love it

#51 ·
We are talking about confusing a CTS with a STS after all. But even worse yet is the fact that the Escalade IS a Yukon/Suburban with a Cadillac emblem, wood laminate, and softer leather. The CTS and STS are both beautiful cars designed for different types of people, but they look nothing like a Chevy or GMC!

Nothing personal... I did think Escallades were cool, but it's been there done that for me. Overhyped with no character. And come on, you're poor for owning an 01... Nothing says bling like a 1976 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz, and it costs about as much as one of your Escalade wheels! Cadillacs get better with age, but the new gadgets are sweet.

#54 ·
I never saw any one who said the pre 05 sts looks better. And if there is somebody they should be shot. And if the lade was nothing more than a Yukon/suburban than why did you buy one? Why does anybody? If it were so people would buy a Yukon or suburban with a better package than spend 60-80K on a lade.

Edmunds even says that the 03-07 CTS has shorty cheap interior and has been criticized for it again and again. Why would you want your beautifull 50K STS saw as something like that. I personally could care less what anybody thinks, especially someone who does not know the difference between the two. My girlfriend can point out more than 5 differences between them just looking at one.

People always hate on what they can't have

#55 ·
I think all pre '09 Cadillacs have cheap interiors. I'm just saying that the CTS is just as cool as the STS, but it's for people who want something smaller and cheaper. Back when I had a Catera, I test drove a new 03 CTS and it was a great car! However, my Catera was in the shop every week, so it sort of turned me away from Cadillac for a while. But I gave it another shot with the STS. But I get the same comments from people when i'm driving my STS as I did with my Catera (CTS, basically).

I don't hate the Escalade(or think that someone is sterile because they drive one), or think anyone should be shot for their taste in vehicles. My girlfriend is one of the many people that doesn't give a crap what people are driving and only spots a Cadillac by the emblem.

#59 ·
I have had my STS for 3 months or so now and not a single person has idetified it as anything but a CTS. It really shouldn't get to me but my natural reaction is to feel almost offended. I shouldn't expect the average person to understand or appreciate the differences in the vehicles, but I do, and a CTS IMO is a "girl car". No offense to CTS owners, its just not my thing.

I think the only person that has recognized it as a STS is the CTS owner at my apartment complex. He has all the aftermarket chrome, personalized plates and so on. He used to always park up front in a very visible part of the lot but now he religiously parks as far away from my STS as he can. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.