Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
07 STS4 V8 (sold), 2005 STS V6 1SC
217 Posts
I know of several Multi-Millionaires that swear by Cadillac. In fact, one gentleman owns (his NEWEST Caddy) is a 2001 DTS Deville, and he loves it. In fact, he's thinking about getting a new DTS soon. He owns many buildings here in town, and is worth plenty. So, I would say that there is many persons that have money are going around driving Caddys then you might think.
And, yes I think about 90% of the people thought my new car was the CTS when I first got it as well. In fact, most of my friends had no clue what the STS was. They just know about the CTS, XLR, and Escalade.
Oh well, no wonder the poor STS is going to the chopping block next year :(

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Warren Buffett drives Cadillacs. :cool2:

I read somewhere, that he does not buy new ones.
He buys CPO...keeps it a couple of years..then gets ANOTHER CPO.

He says that is the best value and he don't take the depreciation hit.

Texas Jim

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, the escalade is in alot of millionairie parking spaces.. (as well as pasta rockets and Brit iron).. I think the STS is confused with the pre-2008 CTS. When i owned a CTS initially i couldn't tell the differance quickly between a base CTS and the STS..

·
Registered
NONE
156 Posts
I'd actually be impressed if anyone ever properly recognizes my car as an STS. I've had strangers and even close family remark on that CTS I drive...

Mine is debadged so that admittedly doesn't make it much easier for the layman to identify it. Oh well, as long no one calls it a Cimarron...that would hurt my feeling.

·
Registered
06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
2,713 Posts
Today I was driving my STS and a CTS of the same color was going the other way (coming toward me). The driver made a big point of waving to me. It was funny and I waved back.

I don't know if he thought I had a CTS also or if it was just because we were fellow Caddy drivers.

Does anyone else on here have other Caddy drivers wave to them?

·
Registered
NONE
70 Posts
Hopefully everyone's having a great holiday weekend!

Who cares whether people think you're driving a STS or CTS? They're both Cadillacs! Everyone I knows I drive a Cadillac (none of them know what a CTS, STS, DTS are anyway), and think its cool. It was the same way when I had a Lexus ES (nobody knew what an ES, LS, or GS were either). The Escalade is the only Cadi that is so quickly identified, becuase its a douche mobile, that was made popular by all the celebrities that had to have one. The STS and CTS are great cars (but the CTS doesn't have a N*!), end of story. I enjoy the features of the STS, knowing 90% of the other drivers out there still have to press the unlock button to get in their cars... Peasants! :) :)

·
Registered
NONE
156 Posts
The Escalade is the only Cadi that is so quickly identified, becuase its a douche mobile, that was made popular by all the celebrities that had to have one. I enjoy the features of the STS, knowing 90% of the other drivers out there still have to press the unlock button to get in their cars... Peasants! :) :)
Aye. My best friends son is about 12 years old. When he first saw my car he asked why it had an Escalade emblem on it... :drool: I blame it on the kids mother. ;)

You got me to laugh on the peasants joke. I also find the "true keyless" concept to be pretty impressive in practice.

·
Banned
2006 STS V8, 1999 Seville STS
596 Posts
For sure. Im trying to project the successful grown businessman image, not the wigger punk riced out civic/mustang/350z image.

·
Registered
STS
49 Posts
It's true, I don't see many people my age driving an STS or an 05+ Cadillac. I'm 20 btw. Makes me feel special. I'm trying to do that ^ too.

·
Registered
2006 STS4 1SG 2005 CTS-V
225 Posts
I'm > 45...

I was in the market for a CTSV when I started looking at the regular CTSs. (Wife didn't want another stick) I actually thought the 1st STS I looked at WAS a CTS.

The V8, and push-button start got me hooked.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 STS N* 1SE
2,399 Posts
For sure. Im trying to project the successful grown businessman image, not the wigger punk riced out civic/mustang/350z image.

Does that mean you drive in the left lane of a 3-lane highway at 55mph while the rest of the traffic wants to do 65+? ;)

That's what I saw this morning. A white STS with a 'middle-aged gentlemen' driving. After I got by him I realized he was holding up traffic all by himself. A quarter-mile of open road in front of him, cars stacked behind him. As each car navigated around him they quickly left the pack behind.

I quickly forgot that annoyance as a few miles later I entered a major construction zone (4 lane tollway, split down the middle for middle lane reconstruction). My rearview mirror was occupied by a young woman in a Toyota who was:
- talking on phone (holding phone)
- smoking (cig held out window)
- applying lipstick
- combing her hair
- checking for zits
- reading something on passenger seat
- and perhaps "driving", maintaining at most 3 feet between my tail & her hood.

After I realized her version of hands-free meant no hands on the steering wheel, I spent a mile flicking back and forth between the road & mirror to make sure she looked forward at least occasionally. I finally moved over a lane, she zipped by and latched on to the next bumper in the pack. yikes. She really needs to see what she looks like on one of those driver monitoring systems.

I freely admit to zipping between slower cars when the opportunity presents, but I keep two hands on the wheel and eyes forward.

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
Many US drivers have no concept of road manners. Even those of us that try to obey the rules of the road end up getting lured into passing on the right by the idiots that set their cruise at 66 and dominate the passing lane.

It's a common Wisconsin ocurrance to see people side-by-side for miles. My wife doesn't like me to flash the high-beams. I don't mean to be impolite, but it does get left-lane-loonies to check their mirror.

The whole idea is to make traffic predictable. It may seem polite to motion someone else to go at a four-way stop, but it would be far easier to just remember why it's called a 'right-of-way' and take your turn.

1. Left turners yield to all.
2. Right turners yield to all others.
3. Going straight? First come first served.
4. When two cars meet at the same time, the one on the right has the 'right-of-way'.

Some states will never issue citations to the car on the right or in front on a 'following-too-closely'.

·
The Last Good Gremlin
06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)
2,654 Posts
Does that mean you drive in the left lane of a 3-lane highway at 55mph while the rest of the traffic wants to do 65+? ;)

That's what I saw this morning. A white STS with a 'middle-aged gentlemen' driving. After I got by him I realized he was holding up traffic all by himself. A quarter-mile of open road in front of him, cars stacked behind him. As each car navigated around him they quickly left the pack behind.

I quickly forgot that annoyance as a few miles later I entered a major construction zone (4 lane tollway, split down the middle for middle lane reconstruction). My rearview mirror was occupied by a young woman in a Toyota who was:
- applying lipstick
- combing her hair
- checking for zits

After I realized her version of hands-free meant no hands on the steering wheel, I spent a mile flicking back and forth between the road & mirror to make sure she looked forward at least occasionally. I finally moved over a lane, she zipped by and latched on to the next bumper in the pack. yikes. She really needs to see what she looks like on one of those driver monitoring systems.

I freely admit to zipping between slower cars when the opportunity presents, but I keep two hands on the wheel and eyes forward.
Sounds like a perfect scenario for using my HIDs and Train Horn!!!!! :highfive:

·
Registered
2006 STS4 1SG 2005 CTS-V
225 Posts

- applying lipstick
- combing her hair
- checking for zits

God, so true! I drive 1000+ miles/week and am amazed at what I see sometimes. I subscribe to the "hammer down" MO on the interstate but I stay in the right lane except for when overtaking.

I actually love LL hogs who are going at a good clip. You can shadow in the RL and let the troopers get them! 99% of the time they'll get the guy in the LL even if the LEO is running a dual...

A lot of folks bash on radar detector users but most folks who run SERIOUS countermeasures are some of the most attentive drivers on the road.

·
Registered
2005 STS V8
522 Posts
One thing I never understood is why no N* in the CTS. I mean, they can fit the LS6 and LSA V8's in there so why not a 4.6L? I guess it must have something to do with the fact that most STS I see are V6, so they don't think there would be a good market for the CTS N*. But then the DTS is only available with the V8...

Anyway, I think Cadillac has established a real brand idenitity with these "Art and Science" designed cars. The all say "I'm a Cadillac and proud of it".

·
Registered
Cadillac STS 2005
811 Posts
i think if they offered the N8 is the cts, there wouldnt be a real reason for most ppl to get the STS, and it would be a cheap, yet nice comparable power to the CTS-V

21 - 40 of 63 Posts