Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Seville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandmothers car is a 94 Seville and when you start to get it up to speed at 40+ MPH the back end feels like it's sliding from side to side as if your on ice. Does anyone know what needs to be fixed so this wont happen? It makes me nervous to know she is driving it like this. Please any feedback is appreciated.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,494 Posts
In your case, the car needs a professional mechanic to test drive it. A "loose" rear end can be anything from grossly worn or underinflated tires to bad shock absorbers to worn suspension bushings.

Has anyone checked the air pressure in the tires ??? 30 psi, cold. Don't "bleed" the tires to pressure when hot.....the tire is designed to work with the pressure changes due to heating and cooling.

If the problem is with the rear shock absorber and leveling system, be prepared for a large repair bill......and if the rear suspension is the culprit, it must be repaired. The car is dangerous to drive otherwise.

·
Registered
00' sts
220 Posts
im sorry i dont have any answers....

only, i greatly empathize with you! my 94 sls did the exact same thing and when i actually did drive it on snow/ice or in a windy day, it felt extremely dangerous and uncontrolable.

i traded the car in!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts