Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would be a fun site for Cadillacs because we could discuss raising gas prices and how that might effect cars in the future. Governments and what they are trying to do to the internal combustion engine. Environmental issues? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I think it's a great idea!.....But then, I would!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
A separate area for politics? Suck. Such an area just gives the political hotheads permission to run every discussion into the ground along party (or Conservative/Liberal) ideological lines.

This is a Cadillac forum. I think it's safe to say that discussions of "Liberal Aholes" and "Environmental issues" are nothing but trollish flame bait.

.Jinx

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In case you have not noticed, this site has had tons of political discussions, and in the thread starter I meant in relation to CARS. Living in California, I would think you might have a comment on your stringent, tough laws for clean air, as I am also here to learn.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ralph, it's great that you are here to learn.
Unfortunately, you are an exception, rather than a norm. Most people do not want to learn or listen, only teah and talk, or in our case, typed.
People are jealous of their political views. Anyone challenging it is at risk of being morally judged. The party being judged, in turn gets offended and tends to get even, rather than just let it go. And so on and so on it goes.
If you have to discuss enviroment, SUVs, George Bush, Iraq, 2000 elections, abortion, Christianity, Islam and other stuff, go somewhere else. I am not being mean, try to understand. I am just wanting to be able to read this board 2 years from now about Cadillacs.
It is clear that those who bothered to respond (and since we don't know the views of those who don't, we'll assume those who did to be majority) DO NOT want politics in here.
Anyway, Ralph, on the final note, remember, opinioins are like a....les, everybody'got one, and they stink.

Ta-ta.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ralph said:
Hey the Honda forum has a political section and they are not offensive, OK, I'll shut up....
Ralph can you look at Honda political discussion forum and Cadillac political discussion forum now and honestly say the same?

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I came here from a Lincoln Site. I was CEO of the site. It is/was a very big & popular site. One person continued to hammer to have politics & Religion on-board. It ruin the site! I walked away from my posistion and came here, never looking back. That is the fastest way to hurt people's feelings, to divide and ruin a site. Ask yourself this question:

On political and/or religious boards....do they talk about Cadillacs?
Then why should WE talk of P & R ??

This a one great site. I vote for keeping it that way.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didn't even know you guys revived this thread!!

Well, I think it has made the Forum MORE interesting and it hasn't caused harm here yet that I can see. We are simply MORE mature than the Lincoln Forum Sandy. :shhh: :p

Dare I say that if it weren't for the CI forum and myself posting links for you guys I probably would have been hated if I couldn't defend Canada's position on issues like Mad Cow, the War on Terror and our involvement there, etc.

If we can discuss serious issues like adults (like we have) then people that want to, can learn from others and the whole experience. If someone doesn't want to get involved in issues, they can skip it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
8 Participants
Ralph