Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L (GMAC Leaseco Ltd. Canada SMARTLease)
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of doing a carputer, but have a concern.

The CTS radio seems to really be integrated into the car. Example: Fuel use, seatbelt warning, OnStar, etc.

Does anyone have carputer and how did you overcome this?

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
I'm thinking of doing a carputer, but have a concern.

The CTS radio seems to really be integrated into the car. Example: Fuel use, seatbelt warning, OnStar, etc.

Does anyone have carputer and how did you overcome this?
"afterdigital" has done this,you can ask him, and i seen him posting today.

·
Registered
CTS 05
716 Posts
Peter

in addition to Mbai2's how-to, consider reading up discussions (on this forum) on sound integration. Yes you can keep the DIC.

here's my link along with other helpful topics:

Myblog

darkwingfrog

5abi's ipod mod

have fun!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey MBai and AfterDigital - Im running into some difficulties with my system and thought you guys might be able to help.
I also have a carputer set up in my '05 CTS. I got my inspiration from Mbai's project as well except I did mine slightly differently. For the sound integration I spliced right into the XM inputs directly into the head unit using a standard 1/8 inch Headphone plug and some hookup wire. The sound from the PC would play on the XM input (I wasnt using my XM anyway)
Its been up and running for about a year and a half with no problems and now all of a sudden The amp keeps cutting out whenever the sound from the PC is connected. No FM or AM radio sound either. Onstar sound is not affected though. Very Strange. I have checked every wire I can think of, troubleshot and tried to isolate the problem, and even Re-grounded my PC but I cant seem to get the amp to not cut out after a minute or so. Very Strange. Any ideas? Great work by the way. Im a fellow tech geek and def admire your stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts