Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac Deville
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked before; I did a search and came up empty.

What is the best way to care for the cloth? On the package, it just said to rinse, ring and air dry. That's ok and all but I missed a spot while cleaning (my car is black) and the towel got dirty. I had my wife clean it out as best as she could but there is still some dirt in there and that seems contrary to its purpose.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Seville STS
535 Posts
I throw mine in cold water in the washer with regular detergent, just dont use powder as it can not fully dissolve and stay in the cloth then scratch your clearcoat next time. Then i either let it air dry or throw it on low in the dryer and then let it finish drying.

·
Registered
2006 CTS
68 Posts
Wash them by themselves, cotton fibers can infect the microfiber and render them to the cotton towel bin.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Well, thats why I just throw the microfibers in there, nothing else.

I've also hand washed them with good success too.

·
Registered
2001 ETC
520 Posts
yea i also wash them solo, use any liquid detergent, should be good. Soem stains may remain in there, but they are embedded, just amek sure there arent bits of loose dirt in the towel. Soem contaminents you wipe off your car are gooan stain the cloth, but thats all ti does, is stain it. Thats why the cloth is there, to absorb, no hold and release contaminents later.

·
Registered
457 Posts
yep no fabric softeners or bleach, wash as any other towel, air dry or warm tubble dry. keep in mind that not all mirco fiber are equal. check out my web site, the ones I sell are the best I have found to date, tested for over 500 washings. some of the cheap ones fall apart after a few dozen washes. gary

·
Registered
535 Posts
if you throw in terry with microfibers, you will surely screw up your microfibers. The terry shreds into the fibers. So don't do that.

·
Registered
'04 EXT
94 Posts
For added softness, toss in some vinegar for a softener. The acid in vinegar will help break up stains left over, and also fully breakdown the detergent. Try it once and you'll never wash without it.

Shaun

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
I just soaked and hand washed mine in the sink with a little liquid laundry detergent. Seems fine to me. I laid flat to dry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts