Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTSV
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just have a question, I ordered a full carbon fiber hood for my 2014 CTS V coupe, and I noticed that the windshield washer fluid caps do not fit does anyone have a recommendation. My one friend recommended to Dremel out to make it bigger. HELP!!

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
31 Posts
If you still have the original hood, I would make a pattern of the opening and transfer it to the new hood. If it's no to far off, I would use a file by hand before breaking out the dremel

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Too late for this, but my C/F SRT8 hood had a washer delete option. I bought the relocator kit and mounted them to the wiper arms. Much cleaner look.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V
2 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, who did you order your hood from and are you satisfied, I have a 2014 V and I am thinking about getting a vented hood.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, who did you order your hood from and are you satisfied, I have a 2014 V and I am thinking about getting a vented hood.

Thanks
There are 2 reputable suppliers for a C/F hood that I know of........WeaponX and BMC. Both are made to order so expect a little bit of wait time. There is a Chinese supplier making knock offs for cheap, but I'm hearing/reading some quality issues with those.

·
Registered
09 ctsv
30 Posts
There are 2 reputable suppliers for a C/F hood that I know of........WeaponX and BMC. Both are made to order so expect a little bit of wait time. There is a Chinese supplier making knock offs for cheap, but I'm hearing/reading some quality issues with those.
Can you link us to where you are reading about quality issues with the Chinese hoods?

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Can you link us to where you are reading about quality issues with the Chinese hoods?
Most of this played out on the CTS-V Facebook group. The crap shoot came from a supplier who imported these hoods. Here's my takeaway;

1) The hoods literally took months (5) to arrive
2) There was no QC so some hoods were damaged in shipping or poorly made

So here's your dilemma. You can absolutely save $100's of dollars importing a hood from China. You may get a great hood that you waited months for or you may not. If something goes wrong (and plenty could) you really don't have much recourse.

·
Registered
09 ctsv
30 Posts
Most of this played out on the CTS-V Facebook group. The crap shoot came from a supplier who imported these hoods. Here's my takeaway;

1) The hoods literally took months (5) to arrive
2) There was no QC so some hoods were damaged in shipping or poorly made

So here's your dilemma. You can absolutely save $100's of dollars importing a hood from China. You may get a great hood that you waited months for or you may not. If something goes wrong (and plenty could) you really don't have much recourse.
This is true. However, my case is substantially different. I could have this delivered to my people in China that can tell me early in the game if the hood is damaged. Plus, they can pack it into one of my containers with instructions to be certain it gets treated very well. Thus, it won't travel through one loading dock after another getting handled by one guy after another with a forklift. Your concerns are very legit, though my chances of getting a good hood are much better than most because I have people in China that are friends and business associates.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
^^If you have trusted friends in China who will inspect the hood for you, and return it if there's any issue, that's great. As long as you know ahead of time that it isn't a true/wholly CF hood it's worth a shot. If you do purchase this hood, please let us know your opinion of its quality (and maybe a few pics too).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts