Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear All,

I am Lookin for a supplier who could supply me a Carbon Fiber (CF) Driveshaft (DS) and Axleshaft (AS). I am on the other end of the world and Logistically speakin it would cost me double to have my original one sent in for measurement, produced and sent back...

I am lookin for these to get high revs, more HP/LBFT and safer measures in the case where i overload them.

I am not going crazy with the power, just an extra 100hp and probably 75lbft....Plus i am goin all out on Chassis extras to help stiffen up the Ride and hold the diff in place..

Does Any one know where i can get my hands on some CF DS and AS...

·
Registered
235 Posts
great idea!!!! had similar idea for cf drive shaft to save weight, better handling, acceln, braking etc... wonder if ctsv/ katek have used ones for a reasonable price. very interested.. we need further investigation... anyone know andy pilgrims phone #???

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Well, I dont see how you can afford this, as I'm sure no one is building a carbon fiber set of axle shafts.

You are concerned with shipping the old stuff.

BMR used to have a carbon fiber driveshaft, I notice its gone, I'm sure there is a reason, I'm sure I came across this and solved it on My Traction Package.

I would be very leery of a one piece driveshaft on a stock V, using the original differential, as there is so much movement under the car. But thats just Me.

As for the axle shafts, there MUST be flexibility in them to compensate for the suspension travel, hence you are going to need cv joints, kinda defeats the purpose doesnt it?

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
178 Posts
Damn man, save your money and put it somewhere where it will do you some good. Less fast and furious, more actual performace.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx for all your replies,

What happens when you rev a shaft at 10,000 RPM which is 5000 in 6th gear...(Theoretical revs, probably it would be 5,200 due to slipage and Normal drag resistance) It vibrates, and if not Balanced correctly could shake my teeth out and break the crown and pinion, which could lead to a serious accident, one of which i walked away from.

There are no guarantees in life...The CF DS helps aviod this problem and in the case where i snap it, it broom sticks saving everyone around me includin myself...

I am in the end only adding 100hp and about 75lbft. Nuttin drastic, but the speed i wish to go is excessive...The CF DS will set me back about 1300$, i have planned to spend 12,000$ in upgrades, body kit, wheels, tires, engine upgrades, and drivetrain upgrades. Every purchase is functional, Style just happens to come with it...

Doug, your traction package would you PM me your price with no installation with a 3.5" DS, i am Kuwait and it would be costly for me to get the car to you...

Lookin forward to your replies

Naf

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
178 Posts
Why don't you make the car go 200 MPH first, and then see if you need to change anything with the drivetrain? 8500 RPM on a 2piece steel driveline isn't that big of deal. We do that with long ass 1 piece steel drivelines all the time. The fact your axles are spinning 2300RPM isn't exactly scary either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts