Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have your "HomeLink" (which is really Car2u) working, what are you opening?

I have a new gate opener and am beyond frustrated. Can't get it to work with the Escalade. 2 other cars with the real "HomeLink" work fine.

No bueno on the Escalade Car2u system.

·
Registered
555 Posts
You'll need to get an adapter for the gate to work with the Escalade not the other way around.

I have a newer Chamberlain door opener that's supposed to work with everything but lo and behold, I have two different adapters hanging from the ceiling.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
I know it's not easy to see there but I have an adapter for GM and another for Chrysler up there. It's basically a repeater that "Interprets" the signal and re-broadcasts it in the appropriate frequency.

·
Registered
Cadillac
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I know it's not easy to see there but I have an adapter for GM and another for Chrysler up there. It's basically a repeater that "Interprets" the signal and re-broadcasts it in the appropriate frequency.

I had to do this very thing to get the homelink working in my dodge charger, found one used on Ebay for about 12 bucks a couple years back.

·
Registered
2005 STS V-8 1SF Magneride HUD/ACC, 2008 Escalade ESV 1SZ Y91 Luxury Edition
1,471 Posts
So the Lade doesn't have real Homelink? That might explain why I can't get one of my two garage doors to work even tho it worked with 98 Riviera, 01 Suburban and my 05 STS.

·
Registered
555 Posts
It does. However, there are some incompatibility issues with garage door (or gate) issues as well as a couple of different versions of HomeLink. That's what the adapter is for.

You can see the one on the right in the photo.. it clearly says "HomeLink".

·
Registered
2005 STS V-8 1SF Magneride HUD/ACC, 2008 Escalade ESV 1SZ Y91 Luxury Edition
1,471 Posts
What changed from my 05 STS that works fine?

·
Registered
555 Posts
What changed from my 05 STS that works fine?
If I remember correctly, there was a buyout and yadda yadda two standards, confusion.. I don't know. Remember VHS vs Beta? LOL.
If it works on your STS that's awesome. Consider yourself lucky.

It's the garage door/gate opener that's the issue. They're not universally compatible with all vehicles due to the changing standards. Some of that is for the good.. we had a garage door growing up that would open when an airplane flew over the house and used their radio. They've come a long way.

It's sure nice being able to see the garage door status from the other side of the country so these newer openers are sure nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts