Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Deville
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I accerlated my 2002 Cadillac Deville a few times at full throttle and then the onboard dash started showing weird displays abnormal speeds readings and no fuel display was showing. I was still able to drive at regular speeds but when I finally turned the car off...it didn't start back up. I lifted the hood up and heard an air leak in the area of the manifold and I walked to the rear of the car and heard I believe the fuel pump still hissing or buzzing. It continue to buzzed until it completely ran the battery down. Now the battery is shot. If anyone can help me or direct me in the right direction to fix this problem it would be very much appreciative..

Coles

You're not going to get much advice in the Catera forum. Moved to Deville.

I accerlated my 2002 Cadillac Deville a few times at full throttle and then the onboard dash started showing weird displays abnormal speeds readings and no fuel display was showing. I was still able to drive at regular speeds but when I finally turned the car off...it didn't start back up. I lifted the hood up and heard an air leak in the area of the manifold and I walked to the rear of the car and heard I believe the fuel pump still hissing or buzzing. It continue to buzzed until it completely ran the battery down. Now the battery is shot. If anyone can help me or direct me in the right direction to fix this problem it would be very much appreciative..

Coles

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,480 Posts
Fully charge the battery. IF you can get the DIC (instrument panel) to function with Key: ON you can get any stored trouble codes from your car's built-in scanner/memory system.

Study the proper year/model group in the sticky thread "How to pull codes". Use the feature, and write down any found codes as well as whether each is Current or History. Do not "clear codes" at this time. Exit the procedure and return to the sticky to open the link to definitions of all OBD-II codes - decipher any found codes and post it all here.

The simple act of a wide open throttle run did not cause your problem(s) (we [CF members] do them all the time) BUT a broken front center motor mount might cause enough engine movement to break/chafe wiring harnesses.

If you cannot get a DIC function, then it's tow truck and GOOD repair shop time. The fuel pump turns off when either you turn off the key or engine rpm drops below about 350 rpm or so. Hissing under the hood (engine ?) could be air, coolant, vacuum ......... Buzzing under the rear might be the ELC compressor - or the fuel pump. That will take underhood or under seat fuse/relay box work to see which fuse stops the noise.

BTW - Welcome Aboard !!! :highfive:

You might want to find a real GM/Helm service manual set on eBay or look at a subscription to www.alldatadiy.com

·
Registered
2003 DTS
205 Posts
Could be a bad ground. Doing a WOT with weak/bad motor motor mounts will cause a lot of engine movement and you can break chassis grounds. Might want to take a quick look.

·
Registered
2002 Deville Base Model
121 Posts
had the exact same problem when the large ground cable from the alternator to chassis was bad. The sound under the hood is the fuel pressure regulator hissing because the fuel pump is not shutting off.

·
Registered
2001 Deville DTS
136 Posts
had the exact same problem when the large ground cable from the alternator to chassis was bad. The sound under the hood is the fuel pressure regulator hissing because the fuel pump is not shutting off.
I'm seconding this, same thing happened to me. You want to confirm, take off the plastic engine shield and trace it down. It will be a silver cylinder back right side of engine, trace the fuel line around from injector to injector and you will come to it. I had a bad ground too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts