Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car has been running fine. I take it to a car wash that details it but also runs it through a track. They said they put it in nuetral when doing so.

The service engine soon light is now flashing. :eek: and the car is running horribly. It doesnt idle or rev correctly. It sounds like there is a pillow stuck in the intake. No power.

I have heard of this happening before but it usually corrects itself. Do I?

a. Drive it home and hope that it fixes itself
b. Have it towed to the dealer
c. Cut my losses and buy a bicylce

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
Re: Car Wash F'd Up My Car

Pop the hood and let it dry out and see what happens

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes let this be a lesson... even if you are short on time and need a car wash DO IT YOURSELF... or pay extra for the hand wash. ..... the V is still running like crap. Pretty sure Im down about 100 horses. Feels like a mustang.... sluggish. Anyways... thats my story. cheers.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
ok once you get it fixed because you know that you will. Look in the phone book and find a mobile car wash. Most days I don't have time to do it myself. I called a friend with a ferrari and he gave me the number of the guy that he uses. I trust him and he does a great job and for $15 you can't its a great deal.

Good luck.

Oh yeah bring it to the dealer and give the bill to the carwash.

Gene

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
do it yourself. Get some speed shine and it could be presentable in 15 mniutes.

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
Still haven't made the V purchase. the more i read on this thread, the less convinced I get. Are you people serious? You cant take this goddamn car through a carwash?

·
Registered
2006 Light Platinum STS-V - 2005 Black Raven CTS-V (gone)
277 Posts
I've rolled mine through a carwash a few times with nary a problem. However, if you truly do care for the health of your paint, you'll realize most of them are the devil. If the brushes don't add micromarring and swirls over time, the soap will get to your nerves as it tends to strip everything away, even your protective waxes and sealants.

·
Banned
Cadillac
109 Posts
Still haven't made the V purchase. the more i read on this thread, the less convinced I get. Are you people serious? You cant take this goddamn car through a carwash?
To be frank, I justed washed my ENGINE yesterday with Simple Green and a garden hose. I soaked the hell out of everything except the air filter. Started up and ran fine ....... and continues to do so. He's got other issues going on that I doubt a "car wash" caused.

·
Registered
'05 cts-v
106 Posts
You need to ask your detailer if they popped the hood and "cleaned" the unddrhood and engine compartment. I used to have a mercedes and this happened once. I cant remeber the technical aspect of what happened but basically they ran a power hose over my engine soaked it and water had entered into some compartment or other and had soaked some coils. My benz did exactly what you are describing. I took it to the dealer and cost 750 bucks to replace the coils.

Those power hoses seriously F##k up a cars electronics. Those comparments are usually water tight, but not when being blasted by 50 psi of water. I would bet money this is what happened....

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
You need to ask your detailer if they popped the hood and "cleaned" the unddrhood and engine compartment. I used to have a mercedes and this happened once. I cant remeber the technical aspect of what happened but basically they ran a power hose over my engine soaked it and water had entered into some compartment or other and had soaked some coils. My benz did exactly what you are describing. I took it to the dealer and cost 750 bucks to replace the coils.

Those power hoses seriously F##k up a cars electronics. Those comparments are usually water tight, but not when being blasted by 50 psi of water. I would bet money this is what happened....
Yep. The LS engine bay is so easy to clean- just mist with your choice of cleaner, then lightly rinse with a hose nozzle set to the "shower" or "mist" setting (not the "jet", and certainly not a pressure washer). I've always used Simple Green, but I've read some horror stories on LS1tech about that stuff causing corrosion around the bottom of the intake manifold when not thoroughly rinsed off, so I may switch products.

Either way, you need to pull your plug wires and check for water, then the fuse box and MAF.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
:thehand::tisk:

If this thread is going to stop you from buying the V then don't buy it. It is not just a car to most of us. It is a passion. If you feel it is just a car then you don't deserve to own one. They are a limited production and need to owned by guys/ladies that love them and take care of them and realize what it is. There are many people here that have stuck by it even with as many problems with multiple rears and so forth. Most guys will take the time to clean it correctly. For me when I get the time to do it myself it is me time. I go outside and spend a couple of hours just cleaning and relaxing.

If you decide to buy a V welcome. If this type of thread is going to stop you well I hear that the srt8 guys don't care as much!

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
Three Commandments for CTS-V owners:

1) No one drives it unless they are your spouse or someone with resources to replace it immediately should the unspoken occur
2) No one washes/cleans/details your V, in a sense your car is like your child, no one will care for it in the same fashion as you would
3) No one parks/valets your V, why give your car (keys) to some 18-year old whose entire day gets made when you hand the keys to America's Finest Luxury Sedan,,,guess how he is going to drive it

Yeah, I know its only a car, but its mine/yours...

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pulled the code today... P0303 > cylinder 3 misfire..... Im not going to bring it to the dealer just yet as I have aftermarket plugs and wires and I know they will give me a hard time. so Im going to replace the plug first and see if that does the job.......

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Problem: Cylinder 3 misfire

Last Night: Replaced cylinder three coil and spark plug. Inspected for oil and water and none found.

Result: Car runs exactly the same > cyclinder 3 misfire (poor)

Question: Besides the plug wire, plug, or coil, bad sensor, water, head gasket leak, what could cause a single cyclinder to misfire?

ps: yes I will replace the wire today

1 - 20 of 21 Posts