Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1995 Deville Concours. I am thinking of upgrading the stereo/speakers, I have read that I could have one of three possible setups 1) Standard radio where radio powers speakers 2) Radio w/ amp, radio powers a few speakers, amp powers the rest or 3) Radio is just a signal unit and speakers are powered by several amps. If I have option 1, I can do install myself easy. Option 2, I could probably do it. Option 3, I wouldnt want to risk doing it myself.

How do I find out which of these 3 I have?

The stereo I have looks like a basic am/fm cassette with Bass & Treble sliding swithes on it.

Thx's in advance.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I believe each speaker is amplified by its own amp connected to the back of the speaker. Easiest way to see this is by going in the trunk and removing the beauty panel from the back of the rear seat. Look up at the speakers and you will see.

·
Registered
196 Posts
95Concours said:
I have a 1995 Deville Concours. I am thinking of upgrading the stereo/speakers, I have read that I could have one of three possible setups 1) Standard radio where radio powers speakers 2) Radio w/ amp, radio powers a few speakers, amp powers the rest or 3) Radio is just a signal unit and speakers are powered by several amps. If I have option 1, I can do install myself easy. Option 2, I could probably do it. Option 3, I wouldnt want to risk doing it myself.

How do I find out which of these 3 I have?

The stereo I have looks like a basic am/fm cassette with Bass & Treble sliding swithes on it.

Thx's in advance.

~ The Head Unit will say Bose, the speakers will have an amp attached to them. Check out my Coupe's webpage for an alternative to the OEM Stereo.

Skullman {:{}

My Fleetwood Coupe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts