Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 SDV / 94 Z28 Conv. 355
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the rear, worn out, air lift shocks to Gaberiel ready monuts. Pretty straight forward and easy. My question is, my rear end rides a little lower than the front, which is still stock (I can fit two fingers between tire and fender in the rear, but four in the front.). Is that normal for a conventional replacement? I have yet to buy the ready monut's for the front. It rides fine, just looks a little weird to me. It's a 93 Sedan Deville with 111K miles.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I replaced the shocks and springs in the rear of my 91 Fleetwood FWD with new non air shocks and variable rate springs. It lifted the rear of my car about an 1 1/2" from the old ones and now the rear is higher than the front. Looks real good now and handles great.

You should need to have and alignment done after changing the shocks too.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
If factory air ride is removed it will sit lower, unlike other cars where the shock has nothing to do with ride height, the Cad depends on some air in the strut to level the car. To leave what you have installed, find some springs from the aftermarket.

·
Registered
93 SDV / 94 Z28 Conv. 355
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Case anyone is interesed, changing out the rear coil springs, brought the car up to normal level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts