Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Cts
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i have a 03 cts AUTOMATIC and have done some mods to it and i really what to somehow mod or get rid of this stupid sensor that will not let me REV over 3000 RPM wile in park, drive an or neutral i mean i would like to show of my intake and exhaust system while being next to a sports car :D

if any of you have an imput as to how it can be done i would really like to some how do it

Side note
i have turned of traction and stability but still not luck?

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,985 Posts
Intelligence is finite and can be measured but there is absolutely no limit to stupidity. The neutral rev limiter can not be defeated and for good reason; to prevent damage to the drive train by a misguided attempt to impress teeny-bopper girls.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Cts
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Intelligence is finite and can be measured but there is absolutely no limit to stupidity. The neutral rev limiter can not be defeated and for good reason; to prevent damage to the drive train by a misguided attempt to impress teeny-bopper girls.

thanks for your usless input but all i asked was if there was a way it could be done MR: cool, so NO would have been just fine ;)

·
Premium Member
28,985 Posts
thanks for your usless input but all i asked was if there was a way it could be done MR: cool, so NO would have been just fine ;)
My apologies. My reply stemmed from this question having been covered several times before and nobody has put forward a good reason for defeating the rev limiter beyond the desire to create a public spectacle. I had thought that Cadillac owners would be beyond this kind of juvenile display. Evidently I was wrong.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Cts
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My apologies. My reply stemmed from this question having been covered several times before and nobody has put forward a good reason for defeating the rev limiter beyond the desire to create a public spectacle. I had thought that Cadillac owners would be beyond this kind of juvenile display. Evidently I was wrong.
like i said i want it only because my buddy has and 03 infinity that has no limiter and thought why the hell cant mine have it. thats all i like my caddy and thats why i bought it but given that this Caddy is considered a Sports car why not enjouy it...
again thanks and im sorry if i came of to strong

LOL very well said dkozloski
and you given that you have tried to do everything to your car to make it something its not. if you have nothing to say then say nothing at all....

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Koz, seriously, the holier then thou crap is old. It's not like he's painting it puke green, or putting neons in his wheels or even running a catless straight pipe exhuast, which would be loud and annoying even at idle.
Do you forget that lots of V owners are running some of the loudest exhuasts around of any street car? Do you remember you yourself posting exhaust clips from an old BRM v16 that was louder then the Daytona 500.

It wouldn't be any more of a juvenile display then the millions of others people doing the same thing. He's reving his exhuast, which in all likelyhood, isn't as loud as a stock CTS-V. You wouldn't be stupid enough to say that you've never revved an exhuast before in the street.

KissDaring...if you figure this out, don't be an idiot and use it like a clutch drop. IE, dont rev and shift into drive. Should you do this, a curse of a thousand pigeons shitting on your car will come to pass.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Cts
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Koz, seriously, the holier then thou crap is old. It's not like he's painting it puke green, or putting neons in his wheels or even running a catless straight pipe exhuast, which would be loud and annoying even at idle.
Do you forget that lots of V owners are running some of the loudest exhuasts around of any street car? Do you remember you yourself posting exhaust clips from an old BRM v16 that was louder then the Daytona 500.

It wouldn't be any more of a juvenile display then the millions of others people doing the same thing. He's reving his exhuast, which in all likelyhood, isn't as loud as a stock CTS-V. You wouldn't be stupid enough to say that you've never revved an exhuast before in the street.

KissDaring...if you figure this out, don't be an idiot and use it like a clutch drop. IE, dont rev and shift into drive. Should you do this, a curse of a thousand pigeons shitting on your car will come to pass.
hey thanks its nice to be understood, i only want to be in control of my car i dont think thats to much to ask
and as for doing a nutreal drop that will not be happening but like i said i would like to have full control of my car ;)
thanks Koz

·
Premium Member
28,985 Posts
It's my bad. I just don't see the point of abusing precision machinery in the furtherance of drawing attention. It seems more like something a punk in a Civic with a fartcan muffler would do.

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts
Easy solution. Get an ass-thumping sound system and just crank the sound while playing a CD of your favourite engine roar.

-GT

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
:rockon:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
sadly, i can see some CTS owners doing this :helpless: :nono:

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
A sports car!? :rofl: hardly...I don't even consider my V a sports car....big ass sports sedan...ok.....either way it can be done...just gotta make the car think it's in drive....but I must agree, completely retarded to do such a thing.....revving a 6cyl is not likely to impress anyone....but hey, good luck!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
A sports car!? :rofl: hardly...I don't even consider my V a sports car....big ass sports sedan...ok.....either way it can be done...just gotta make the car think it's in drive....but I must agree, completely retarded to do such a thing.....revving a 6cyl is not likely to impress anyone....but hey, good luck!
+1 ..

·
Registered
03cts 3.2 lux/sport navi borla dual k&n wldwhl clears
348 Posts
Nikon,
how could you trick the car into thinking it's in drive?
I would really like to know.
can you please enlighten me?

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
If I knew how to read wiring diagrams I could probably tell you

either way if you guys wanna **** your cars up that bad then go N-D-N-D it shouldn't engage into gear but it should let you rev it up just gotta do it fast.....don't bitch when it slams into gear though....and you hit the car in front of you.....again I think it's fcking retarded

1 - 20 of 24 Posts